연화

|YEONHWA|

"Lady Kang, the Queen wants to meet you"

Earlier Chaeryeong had informed Jihyun about Queen Yoo wanting to meet her. Jihyun knew she was So's mother and the reason why he got into yesterday's mess. Jihyun had no plans to meet such lady, even though she was a Queen.
She declined to meet her. Chaeryeong even explained Jihyun about the consequences but Jihyun did not bother to consider them.

Jihyun was bored since Haesoo went to deliver food to Wang So according to Chaeryeong. She decided to meet Lady Hae.

"Lady Kang, What a pleasant surprise", Lady Hae exclaimed softly when she saw Jihyun near her room.

"Just call me Jihyun, Eonnie... Can I call you that right?"

"Call me what ever you are comfortable, Jihyun-ah", She replied with a smile on her face. As soon as she completed speaking she held her handkerchief on her face coughing.

Jihyun noticed Lady Hae's pale skin. Jihyun was worried but she didn't bring it up since it won't be a great way of starting a conversation.

"Bl-blood", Jihyun stuttered as she noticed blood on the corner of her lips.

"It's not a big deal, Jihyun-ah"

"It's bleeding, Eonnie. How can it not be a big deal?", Jihyun said and rushed to call Wang Wook.

She ran into the library knowing she will find him there.

"Prince Wook, Lady Hae is sick", Jihyun said while panting.

_________________

"Haesoo-ya, don't worry she will be alright", Jihyun pulled Haesoo into her arms to comfort her.

"I feel so useless. I really want to help her but I can't", Haesoo cried out on her friend's shoulder.

"I understand what you are feeling right now, Soo-ya. Lady Hae is like your only family here just like So Oraboni to me. But I think instead of being emotional why don't you spend your time with her and take care of her. It will make you and even her feel better", Jihyun spoke as Haesoo separated from her.

"I could even put my life on line if that could help her somehow", Haesoo whispered.

"Let's have a walk", Jihyun linked her hands with Haesoo and dragged her to get some air.

"Why was Wang Eun here?"

"I don't know, he comes here unexpectedly"

"I think he likes you", Jihyun teases her friend.

"It's not like that"

"IT's nOt lIkE tHAt", Jihyun imitated Haesoo which earned her a playful glare.

But then both of them halted thier steps when they heard Chaeryeong's cries.

Yeonhwa was hitting her.

Jihyun flinched at the sound of the stick as Haesoo rushed between them to stop Yeonhwa. Jihyun noticed all the princes minus So, Baek Ah and the Crown Prince came there too. She had a brief eye contact with Wang Yo.

"Hit me instead"

Jihyun got back into reality when she heard Haesoo's voice.

"This girl has finally gone crazy", Jihyun muttered under her breath before rushing to stop Yeonhwa.

"Why don't you stop? People are watching, isn't it embarrassing?", Jihyun whispered in the most pissed off way ever possible.

Yeonhwa was taken back because of Jihyun's confidence.

"Tie her and Kang Jihyun this is none of you your business. You are a guest you just need to act like one", Yeonhwa counterd back.

All the princes were amused at the sight. Jihyun lost her cool looking at her friend getting tied. She let out a chukle glaring at Yeonhwa who thinks she won this fight.

But damn,

That was not the case.

Yeonhwa held the stick high swinging it to hurt Haesoo but before it could reach Haesoo, Jihyun put her hand in the middle. Jihyun got hit instead.

But then Jihyun held the stick with her hurt hand and pulled it away from Yeonhwa which amazed everyone.

"Princess Yeonhwa, let me give you a friendly advice. You know? People are not your toys for you to play with them like you please", Jihyun paused for a second and got closer to her.

"I guess you still need to grow up", Jihyun whispered as pulled away for her but not before breaking the stick with her bare hands and throwing it away.

"How dare you-", Yeonhwa lifted her hand up to slap Jihyun.

Meanwhile Jihyun herself lifted her hand too which made Yeonhwa flinch.

Jihyun let a chuckle following her win as she went to untie Haseoo.

"Chaeryeong-ah, are you alright?", Jihyun asked softly.

"Lady Kang", Chaeryeong was touched by Jihyun's actions.

Haesoo took Chaeryeong to treat her wounds as Jihyun left the place alone.

"What happened right now?", Wang Won exclaimed.

"Kang Jihyun is so brave", Wang Eun stated.

"How can she break that thick stick so easily?", Jung questioned Jihyun's strength.

"Maybe growing up with So hyungnim made her so cool", Eun replied.

Jihyun walked towards the lake since she wanted to calm herself. But before she could reach there something hit her head and she blanked out.