배신

|BETRAYAL|

Jihyun left after ignoring me successfully but I couldn't sulk. She went to make some porridge for me. I wanted to scold her a little for making me miss my work but I ended simping over her. I just loved the feeling of getting so much attention and love from her. I ended up falling asleep waiting for her. I noticed her coming inside the room but I was so sleepy that I could barely opened my eyes. I felt a dip on the bed as I wrapped my arms around her and drifted into my dreamland.

I woke up when the sound of glass breaking disturbed my sleep as I noticed Jihyun was no longer sleeping besides me. I panicked and got off the bed swiftly while I started to look around the house trying to find where that sound came from. First I went to Eunbyeol's room but luckily she was fast asleep. I got out as I heard Jung's voice.

"Hyungnim, Did you hear some sound? It came from mother's room,"

"Let's go," We both rushed towards mother's room.

Before entering the room my eyes fell on a shadow of a girl running away from us.

What was that?

"Eommoni!!" Jung screamed which got my attention.

I entered the room seeing a wound on my mother's stomach.

"Jung-ah, go and get the physician. HURRY," I screamed.

Mother, you can't leave me.

I kneeled down and lifted her body with my hands.

"Don't close your eyes mother, you'll be alright,"

"S.....son, I.... I'm so...rry,"

"Don't speak anything,"

"You... Your wife.....," she suddenly stopped speaking.

"Eommoni, NO YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME....ANDWAE. EOMMONIIIIII," I shouted at the top of my voice hoping my voice would wake her up.

I lost my balance and fell on my knees still holding my mother.

"Mother, how can you do this to me?" I whimpered wrapping my arms around her body.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Hyungnim," I looked up and saw Eun, the King, crown prince, the princesses and all the princes minus So inside my mother's room.

I was sitting at a corner of the room still trying to process what happened to mother. Eun pulled me into a hug as I tried my level best not to break down in front of them.

I am the 3rd Prince Wang Yo,

I can't be doing this.

I will catch the person who did this to my mother.

I was told to change into white robes. I still couldn't find Jihyun. I stepped out of my room after changing and saw crown prince waiting for me.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded.

"Yesterday itself, Lady Jihyun came to us for getting permission to leave the palace. She said she would get Queen Yoo's permission no matter what it takes to. I can't believe something like this could happen to her highness," He gave me a shoulder pat and left.

Jihyun met the king without telling me?

I got out and saw Jihyun running towards me followed by Wang So.

Why is she with him?

Ignoring the people around us, Jihyun ran straight into my arms and whispered, "Are you alright?"

Then I suddenly remembered something. I had  overheard mother arguing with Jihyun last night. At first I assumed that it was a dream but then I had a feeling that it was real. I knew Jihyun hated my mother. And thinking about the words the crown prince told me earlier and the shadow I saw earlier plus the fact the Jihyun entered the house followed by Wang So.

Don't tell me that-