사망

|DEAD|

"Why are you here, your highness?", I glanced at the Queen standing outside our room.

"I'm here to visit my son, move", She tried to push me off the way rudely.

I stumbled a little but then I stood in the middle trying to stop her from entering our room.

"The Prince is resting. You can visit him later,"

"Who are you telling me what to do? My son is sick. Let me go before I hurt you,"

"Why? To hurt him again? Don't you have any conscience? You act like you don't even know why is he in that condition,"

"This rude we-"

"Just leave, your highness. I have no plans to go against you,"

"Are you intending that I want to fight with you? First, you are taking my son away from me and now you are trying to scare me off. Do you even realise that you are talking to the Queen of this Kingdom. Do you think you'll be safe after going against me?"

"Atleast act like one," I whispered to myself.

"What did you sa-"

"A Queen you say, why don't you act like one. A Queen is like a mother of the kingdom and here, you are barely being a mother to your own children,"

"How dare you!" She swung her hand on my cheek.

I scoffed as I tasted blood in my mouth.

Calm down....

"Hit me thousand times but the truth won't change. You abandoned So Oraboni just because his scar would not bring you the throne and using Prince Yo as a tool for getting the same. Are you even a human? Is that Queen position not enough? Don't you think you are being greedy?" I paused for a second looking at the Queen.

I took a long breath and wiped off my tears before they fell off my eyes. I didn't want to fight with her because Yo would not like it. I knew he was fond of his mother but I need to make her realise her mistakes.

I noticed how her eyes were burning red filled with tears.

Are my words working?

Will she change for good?

"Do you even remember that promise you made with me? That you will accept So Oraboni as your son if I get married to Prince Yo. I never expected you to fulfill that but stil-" I couldn't speak further because the Queen had pinned me against the wall and started to choke me.

At this point all I cared about making her realise what her greedy decision is hurting people around her.

"C-can't you see that you are hurting your children?" I questioned looking straight into her eyes without any fear like I had nothing to lose.

She let me free and left walking towards the exit. I sighed and fell down on my knees clutching my neck breathing heavily because of the lack of air. I hit my chest trying not to break down but the tears kept falling off my eyes nonstop.

"Lady Jihyun,"

I heard a familiar voice. I looked up to confirm it was the same person I thought they would be and it was.

Choi Joon.

I was seeing her after months.

She kneeled down matching her height with mine.

"Are you alright?"

"I-I'm sorry y......you had to witness this," I murmured between my sobs.

Next thing Joon does totally caught me off guard. She wrapped her arms around me and gave me pats on my back. I just sat like that for a while.

Few minutes later she parted away from me and looked away from me.

"My mother used to do that when I cried in my childhood," she said awkwardly running her hand behind her neck.

Her actions brought a smile on my face.

Maybe it's her way of comforting people.

"Thank you, I really needed that Joon-ah,"

"Joon-ah?"

"You want me to call you Choi Joon? Come on, drop those formalities already," I pouted at her reaction.

Choi Joon asked me to come with her. At first I was not sure what she was planning but then she brought me to a personal space filled with alcohol.

For what?

We both ended up getting drunk that night.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Argahh, my head!" I growled holding my head tight.

I looked around and saw that I was not in my room but Haesoo's inside the Damiwon. I looked outside the window and noticed it was morning.

I didn't go home last night.

How did I end up here?

I got out of the room and saw everyone was rushing from here and there. I somehow managed to stop a court lady.

"What's happening here?" I questioned her.

"My lady, Queen Yoo has left the world," she informed.

"What!" I covered my mouth.

That's when I noticed.

Why do I have blood on my sleeves?

A/N:
How is the story so far?

You guys like it?

Do click the vote button and leave some comments.

I would be really happy to read them.

Have a great day ahead 💕💕