아내

"You are married?", Jihyun was too stunned to speak.

"B-but then, W-why?," she was not able to speak.

"Why I asked you to marry me? That's because there is no rule for a men not to marry twice", he explained.

Jihyun scoffed at his words.

And I considered marrying some other woman's man.....

She thought.

"What about your wife? How come I never saw her?"

"My wife cannot be seen in this world anymore"

"Is she d-dead?"

" I guess so"

Jihyun noticed the sadness in his eyes.

"You must have really loved her"

"Love? Our marriage was arranged by our parents"

Even though he denied her words he did have some affection towards his wife but he just didn't know how to label those feelings.

Was it love?

Or just empathy for being in a same situation?

Meanwhile in the king's court room.

"Your Majesty, 4th prince's star is rising above Songak. Maybe that's the reas-"

"Your mother is trying to kill the crown prince and your older brother aims for the crown prince's place", Jimong's words were cut off by the king.

"I was never a part of them", So replied.

"Do you want to become the crown prince?", The king asked So.

"I just want to live as a loyal subject and not someone's son or brother, your majesty"

"Jimong, did you say the 4th prince's star is rising in Songak?"

"Yes and it has a perfect alignment with the Crown prince's star. If he stays here it will be a great fortune for Songak", Jimong replied to the King's question.

"Pass this news to the Kangs in Shinju and the whole Songak. The 4th prince Wang So will be staying in Songak hence forth", the king announced.

"Thank you for your benevolence", So thanked his majesty.

"Thank you for your benevolence, Your Majesty", the crown prince said.

"Oh right, the lady Kang from Shinju. Bring her to my court tomorrow", the King added.

"I'll inform her, your Majesty", Wang So left the king's court after bowing.