마지막

|Last|

It's been few months since the King died and I left the palace alive thanks to Wang So. I remember him telling me to find Jihyun which I was going to anyways. I got treated at one of my uncle's house and went to search for Jihyun.

"Prince Yo, Lady Jihyun's maid Haewon was spotted in the market of a small village near the sea,"

I got information about Jihyun from one of my trusted person. I was on my way to meet Jihyun.

Finally!

The first thing I wanted to do was to apologise for suspecting her. I knew it was not her but because of the situation I ended up blaming her because I wanted to blame someone for my mother's death. I knew I was just being selfish so that I won't need to blame myself for not protecting her. That was so lowly of me.

Now I will just go to her and I know she will forgive me then we'll have a happy life together without any problem because.......

I gave up the throne.

For my and my family's happiness......

I walked around the village hoping that I would find her.

Wait-

That's Kim Joohyuk

My only friend.

I decided to follow him secretly.

Why is he here?

No matter how much I tried to figure out why he was here there was no answer. It was really fishy.

He stopped in front of a restaurant. I swiftly hid behind the wall near peaking out to see what was happening there.

Some lady came out of the restaurant. She seemed really familiar. I noticed that she was carrying a child. I couldn't see her face. It seemed like both of them were really close.

Who was she?

Joohyuk has a lover?

I changed my position in order to take a look at her.

"Jihyun?"

My eyes widened after figuring out that, the pregnent lady was my wife Jihyun.

Was this the real reason for leaving me?

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Four years later
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"How are you doing, Joon?" Jihyun looked at Joon with a smile on her face.

They were in the boat traveling back to the palace.

"How can you smile in this situation, Jihyun?" Joon snapped.

"I'm happy to meet you, that's why!"

Joon stood up as she let a scoff out. Jihyun was confused at her reaction. Jihyun sat still doing nothing as she stared at Joon's back.

She heard Joon's whimper.

Jihyun rushed towards the other girl and turned her body so that she faces her. Choi Joon's eyes were swollen, red and filled with tears.

Joon wrapped her arms around Jihyun's body and started to cry out loud.

The fearless Choi Joon was crying.

Not knowing what's wrong, Jihyun still hugged her back while patting on her back trying to calm her down.

Soon she calmed down. Jihyun gave her some water to drink.