해 언니

The priest did the ritual as Wang Wook put on the fire. Haesoo was a mess. Everyone was sad. I looked at Baek Ah, he was trying his best not to break down in front of everyone. I figured out he adored Lady Hae.

Remembering her being kind towards me since the first day I met her. Even when I met her for last time she wished us to be happy. She was the kindest, selfless and sweet person I ever met.

I'll miss her

"Eonnie"

I noticed Haesoo lost her balance but I held her hand to prevent her from falling.

"She left us, Jihyun", Haesoo stuttered and wrapped her arms around me as I wiped her tears ignoring my own.

Stay strong, Haesoo........

After the ritual ended we all made it back to our house. But leaving Soo alone was bothering me somehow. I lifted up the spoon to have a bite of my rice but I stopped.

Haesoo must be hungry.....

I stood up in an instant.

"What's wrong?", Yo looked at me.

"Haesoo and Prince Wook must be hungry. Haewon-ah pack me few lunchbox", I looked at my new personal maid.

"Yes, my lady", Haewon bowed and left.

"Let's go together", Yo announced.

We both reached at Wook's residence.

"You check on Prince Wook. I'll come after I meet soo", I informed yo and went to Haseoo's room.

Chaeryeong informed me that she was not eating anything and fell asleep crying few minutes ago.

"Chaeryeong-ah, please take care of Haesoo"

"Yes, Lady Kang", she replied.

"Take care of yourself too. Be strong Chaeryeong-ah"

I wrapped my arms around her.

"N-ne? Thank you for your concern Lady Kang", Chaeryeong stuttered.

Then I walked to meet Wook. I saw Yo, who was standing right in front of the library door while hesitating to open it.

"You're still here?"

"Didn't you meet Haesoo?"

"She's sleeping,"

We slowly entered into the library. I saw Wook, who was siting in the corner of the huge room face buried between his knees. He seemed to sense our presence as he lifted his head up. He's eyes were swollen.

"Hyungnim," Wook looked at Yo.

"Oh- yes, are you alright?" Yo awkwardly replied.

"Jihyun-ah," his voice cracked.

I was surprised when he called me by my name because he always called me lady kang.

"My wife called you like that, didn't she?" He continued.

The sadness in his voice broke my heart.

He didn't deserve this.....

So did hae eonnie.....

"Prince Wook," I walked near him kneeling try to match our heights.

"When she heard about your marriage, she was really concerned. She wanted you to have a happy life,"

"You need to rest, Prince Wook," I interrupted him.

"You know what her last request was?" he asked me.

I looked at him while blinking my eyes filled with tears.

"To take care of her sisters. She wanted me to take care of her cousin Haesoo and you. She adored you,"

I looked at Yo with teary eyes as he nodded. I got the signal as I placed my hand around Wook's shoulder.

"Prince Wook, You can be sad for now but please be back once you feel better. Hae eonnie would not lile to see you all sad"

"I couldn't even tell her that i'm loved her. Even though I knew she wanted to hear it."

"Prince Wook, it's not necessary to tell someone that you love them. Just the way you looked at her showed how much you loved her, I'm sure she knows that. So don't blame yourself. It's not your fault."

I felt him hug me back as he sobbed softly, "I am all alone now, lady kang. How can I be fine?"

"You are not alone, prince. You have your family,the princes, Haesoo and me."

He seperated and glanced at me and then Yo.

"Thank you for coming here, lady kang and hyungnim. I will never forget that you were with me during hard times"