영원히

"I can't believe we are becoming family from tomorrow, Jihyun", Princess Raon squeezed out of excitement.

"I know, right? I myself can't believe that I'm marrying Yo", I replied still unsure about my decision.

"He will treat you well. Yo Oraboni might look scary and intimidating but he is soft towards you I noticed it so many times"

Soft towards me?

"Anyways, I wanted to meet him. Do you know where is he?"

"At Wook Oraboni's library, I guess"

"I'll see you later, Princess", I waved her a goodbye and made my way towards him.

I knocked the door lightly before entering. As I entered the library so many eyes fell on me.

Damn...

All the princes are here.....

"Lady Kang, What a pleasant surprise", Wang Wook flashed me a kind smile.

Eun waved his hands as the youngest Prince Jung rushed towards me.

"Nui, We are family now", Jung hugged me happily.

Someone cleared their throat which made me to seperate from Jung.

It was Yo.

"I knew something will happen when you both fought at Jimong's place", Wang Won smirked.

"Congratulations, Lady Kang", Baek Ah grinned.

"Welcome to our family", Wang Wook wished.

"Nui, I hope you don't have any plans of ditching me. You even promised me to teach new games"

"I will not, Prince Eun. And thank you for your wishes", I thanked all the princes.

"What are you doing here?", Wang Yo held my wrist and pulled me near him.

"I had to talk about something but it seems you are busy I can wait. I wanted to meet Lady Hae anyways"

"Ani, let's go together"

"You? To Lady Hae?", I was surprised at his offer.

"I heard she is not well. We can meer her together", he replied as I accepted his offer.

"We'll take a leave now", Yo said to the princes.

"See you tomorrow", I waved to the younger Princes and bowed to the elders.

"You wanted to tell me something?", He asked me as we made our way to Lady Hae's room.

"I want to meet Eunbyeol", I replied.

"My daughter? Why?"

"I want to get her permission to marry you"

"Permission?", He looked at me amused.

"If you think about it carefully she is the one who will be affected with this marriage the most after you. I don't want to hurt her in anyways. She deserves to know about her father's future wife and her future stepmother", I explained him about my intention.

I looked at his stone face.

Is he zoning out?

____________

Was she always so thoughtful?

That she even thinks about my Byeol?

"Yo?"

"Wang Yo?"

"Prince Wang Yo?"

I felt someone shaking me. It was Jihyun. I almost got lost in my thoughts.

"Let's meet Eunbyeol after we meet Lady Hae"

"Jinjja? Wang Yo, jjang", she said some wierd words and showed her thumbs but judging her face it seems she is happy.

We both entered Lady Hae's room. I noticed she was really pale and weak.

"Eonnie, are you alright? Did you eat your lunch? What about your breakfast? Is Haesoo taking care of you? How are you feelin-"

"Jihyun, let her talk first", I cut off Jihyun's words since she kept questioning without giving a break.

"Ah, I'm sorry", Jihyun rubbed her hand behind her neck feeling embarassed.

I almost laughed at her actions but controlled myself.

"You both look great together. I don't think I can make it to the wedding ceremony tomorrow but I wish you both a happy life"

"Thank you Eonnie"

"Lady Kang, Haesoo Agashi is here", a servent girl entered the room.

"Oh, Chaeryeong-ah. Take me to her and Yo I'll be out in ten. Wait for me", Jihyun said and ran out with the servent girl.

I noticed a faint smile on Lady Hae's face.

"Prince Yo, Take care of Jihyun. She is kind and a sweet girl"

"I will try my best, Lady Hae. You should take care of your health too", I replied

"You have changed a lot Prince Yo. I wish you stay like this forever"

Did I?

Was it because of Jihyun?

Jihyun and I made our way to the young princess's chamber. Jihyun was fidgeting with her skirt since was getting nervous as the time passed on.

"No one is forcing you", I noticed Jihyun's nervousness and informed her.

"Aniya, I want to do it", Jihyun said.

Before entering the room she turned around and glanced at me and said, "I want to meet her alone. Stay here"

I was waiting for her. I even tried to eavesdrop what they were talking but I couldn't hear anything. I knew Eunbyeol would not talk to anyone except Raon and the day I saw her smiling at Jihyun surprised me.

My daughter is ignoring me since her mother left us. She was not eating anything and the doctor said she will be sick if she doesn't eat properly. But Raon somehow managed to talk with my Byeol which made the situation better. I still miss my daughter even though she was right in front of my eyes. Looking at Jihyun's relationship with her made me believe that she might bring my bright and innocent Byeol back.

I heard the door open and saw Byeol holding Jihyun's hands as they both came out. I looked at Jihyun who was having a small smile on her face. Then I kneeled to match Byeol's height.

"Appa, I like Lady Kang", she said.

My byeol talked to me...

She called me appa........

I wrapped my arms around my daughter and lifted her up.

"Byeol-ah, Appa's really sorry. I couldn't protect your mother", I whispered into her ears softly.

I looked at Jihyun who's eyes were shining because of tears she was holding back. I gave her a small smile as she ran towards us joining our hug.

I wish we could stay like this forever.......