약속

|PROMISE|

“I wonder why they left us,” I sighed.

Captain Yohan and Hyuksoo Sunbae went for a mission on the Christmas Eve, leaving the remaining team on the base. The new year would start in few hours, but still, there was no news about them.

The next morning I heard that they were finally returning to our camp. I ran towards the entrance out of excitement. I saw their car coming inside the camp. Hyuksoo Sundae got out off the car first. He looked exhausted.

Are you alright, Sunbae?”

Yohan,” he pointed out the car.

I opened the door and saw Yohan who had his eyes almost closed.

“Captain!!” I exclaimed loudly.

I lend him a shoulder as he got out of the car slowly. He managed to walk for a while, but then he lost his conscious because of overworking himself.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

“Is anyone out there?”

“My lady!”

“Go and get the royal physician, HURRY.”

Haewon ran out to call the royal physician rushing. I carefully held Yo and laid him down on the bed as I wait for the medics.

Soon he came and checked Yo. He told me that he fainted because of overwork and fever made his condition worst. He prescribed some herbs and left our place.

I took a seat next to Yo's bed while wiping off the sweat forming on his forehead. Looking at him like this reminded me of Yohan. He was the same when it comes to over working. It was weird because I was able to find many similarities between Yohan and Wang Yo.

I laid beside him, hugging his sleeping figure as I peaked lightly on his forehead. My heart was broken looking at Yo's condition. I knew it was all Queen Yo's conspiracy. She was just using her sons to get the throne. I hated her for that.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Hyuna, Yohan is Yo's past life,” I heard a voice.

I recognized the voice as soon as I heard it.

“Jihyun? Is that you?”

“You are right, it's me. The real Kang Jihyun,”

“What do you want from me? Why am I even here? It's your place, not mine,” I questioned her back.

I am sorry, hyuna. But that was the only way to prevent all the deaths happening in the palace. It's you who can stop Wang Yo and his mother. I ask you this favor,” the voice stopped.

“Hey! Where are you? Answer me!” I screamed, but it was of no use.

She left.

But what does she mean by people dying?

“Are you alright?”

It was Yo.

He woke me up from the dream.

“It was a nightmare, don't bother me. Are you alright?” I questioned him as he just woke up for the first time since he fainted.

“I have a slight pain in my head,” he held his head.

I'll bring some medicine for you,” I tried to get up from the bed.

But before I could, I was pulled back to the bed, falling right on Yo's chest. I looked at him with my eyes wide open.

What are you doing?”

“Stay, Don't leave me alone,”

“I won't,” I gave up and slept on his chest.

Was the nightmare scary?” He softly asked.

“Isn't it supposed to scary? It's called nightmare after all,” I mocked.

Instead of fighting back he started to laugh, confusing me.

“Why are you laughing?”

“I missed this Jihyun, you are becoming quite as days passed. I guess you are finally growing up,”

“Yaah, Wang Yo. Do you want to die?”

“How dare you speak to a prince like that!” he spoke the same words he spoke when we first met.

That's not scary anymore, Prince Yo. But did you know? I am talking to my Husband Yo not Goryeo's 3rd Prince Wang Yo,”

“I give up,” he surrendered.

I giggled at my victory over my husband. I then noticed how he was smiling from ear to ear. A genuine smile, which I never saw on his face before.

Only you can stop Wang Yo.

Jihyun's words flashed through my mind. I was here to stop Yo from hurting his family and Yo himself because of his mother.

I'll do my best to do that, Jihyun.

I'll protect Yo.

I promise.

A/N:

How is the story so far?

Is it good?

I would really appreciate your feedback 😉

Do press the vote button of you like today's chapter.

Have a great day ahead 😊