CHAPTER 60

Uta's POV

There was a knock presented at my door to which I stopped my work and went towards to meet, "Yoshimura, what are you doing here this late, sir?" I noticed a girl with baby blue hair standing next to him, "Uta, I was wondering if you could take care of Miss Abe here."

The girl bashfully waved at me as I looked back at the elderly man, "She's..." He smiled, "She knows, that's why I need you to take care of her. I'll explain everything to you tomorrow. She's important to us."

"Very well then," I agreed, "Come on in Miss Abe, say, may I interest you in a mask while you're here?" She looked at me with a sparkle in her eye, "Um- a mask?" I smiled at her and looked over to Yoshimura, "Will you be okay walking back on your own, sir?"

He sent me a smile of his own, "Yes, I'll be fine. Have a goodnight, Uta." "You as well, Mr. Yoshimura." He turned to walk away and I closed the door, turning to look at the girl's ocean-colored eyes, "Now, let's see what masks interest you, dear."

Kaneki's POV

I was currently serving a couple who had ordered coffee a few minutes ago, the night was nice and it was close to closing time. I thought about the room that I was staying in, the one that used to belong to the girl, (Y/N).

I set the two cups down in front of the couple, "Is there anything else I may serve you?" Their smiles shone bright, "No that will be all." "Thank you." I slightly bowed and made my way back behind the bar.

I looked to my left where I spotted Touka drying some cups. She still scared me but nonetheless I asked, "Hey, Touka, that girl.." She faced me and raised her brows, "Which girl?"

Her purple eye bore deep into my own and I looked down to my still hands, "(L/N).. she must mean a lot to you huh?" I could feel her staring a hole through my skull, "Of course not, she's just a brat, why?"

I smiled a bit though it was to myself, "Nothing." There was a small pause before I spoke again, "When she gets back... I wouldn't mind giving up the room again. It was hers to begin with."

I heard her sigh and I peeked at her who had a grim look, "That's if we even get her back." I knitted my eyebrows together, "What do you mean? She'll be back, right?" Touka's face contorted between sadness and anger as if she didn't know which of the two to feel.

I hesitantly raised a shaky hand and placed it gently on her shoulder, "..Touka...?" She faced me with slight shock from the physical contact but immediately glared at me and I removed my hand, whispering a soft, "Sorry.."

Nothing more was said after that yet my curiosity was getting the better of me. Question after question started popping into my head. The picture of (Y/N), around the age of 7, with all the staff of Anteiku remained in my mind.

She had such a sweet, kind smile, one that was actually genuine, so rare to find these days. It reminded me of myself before turning into a ghoul. Her eyes glimmering with hope and an unsettled curiosity of a child.

I smiled to myself, I wanted to get to meet her when she gets back, that's for sure.

Abe's POV

I woke up with a small yawn, groggily trying to open my eyes. I saw the bit of light that was coming through the soft, white curtains that covered the window. I sat up and saw the bed I was on and looked around the room, getting a better view at it.

I smiled as I spotted a few mask demonstrations and materials to make them around the room. The desk across the room filled with papers that had designs of masks drawn on them. I slipped out from under the covers and changed back into my clothes, folding the borrowed pajamas neatly onto the bed.

I opened the door slightly and peeked around the small, empty hallway. I wondered if it was okay to go wandering about since I was basically in danger as a human.

Eventually, I pushed the worries behind me and went all the way downstairs to see if I could spot Uta in his shop. Uta was very kind and gentle with me last night. We got to know each other a bit before I went to sleep.

I made it to the first floor and couldn't spot him until I saw him through the window, outside, speaking to someone else. I shyly decided to go outside to greet him. I got to him and smiled, "Good morning."

He stopped his conversation with the man in front of him and he smiled at me, "Good morning-" In an instant I was yanked to the side and was in the arms of a man, robed in a magenta robe and a weird, white mask, yelling, "I got her!"

I was shocked and yelled, "Uta!" I tried searching for him but the man that had me started running, from a distance all I heard was, "Abe!" I looked up to my masked capturer and started hitting his chest, squirming to get out of his grip, "Let me go!"

Next thing I felt was being thrown into the air and I yelled out of fear, "No!" I was closing the roof of a building until I was caught by another man, wearing the same robe but different mask, who demanded, "Shut it, lowly livestock." He kept running as did the other man who first had me.

I tried yelling again but I had my mouth shut by his tendril as it happened once before with (L/N). I tried breaking free though I was weak against a ghoul. Tears started streaming down my face, (L/N)! Please save me! I'm sorry!

I felt the ghoul jump and I closed my eyes shut, my hair flowing through the air. Then we landed, I slowly opened my eyes with tears still overflowing and my mouth sealed shut. I tried shaking my head, grunting, asking for mercy.

I was walked down through different corridors and floors until I was aggressively thrown towards the floor. I tried to stand up stumbling on my own feet and trying to crawl away, though I felt a tendril being wrapped around my leg.

"Please! Let me go!" I yelled through sobs trying to break free, "Don't kill me! Please! Please! I will do anything! I-" I was immediately cut off by a deep, demanding voice, "What is the meaning of this?!"

My body immediately froze and I heard one of my capturers answer, "Sir! This is the girl that we were talking about!" "About what?" I slowly turned behind me to spot a man with white hair, red eyes, and a red iron mask. Beside him stood a woman with green eyes that matched the color of her hair.

That woman approached me and I tried to break from my trance to move away but my body stayed frozen on the spot with wide eyes filled to the brim with fear. She crouched down right in front of me and placed a hand to caress my cheek and mumbled, "How cute."

I felt tears starting to take form once more and I fearfully shuddered at her touch. "Well sir," continued my other captor, "She's the one that helped (L/N) escape, as we explained the day of her disappearance." I heard heavy footsteps closing to me, as his blood red eyes bore into my own, "Is that so?

"Well, it's about time."