CHAPTER 61

(Y/N)'s POV (The same morning that Abe was captured)

I was startled by my alarm and I smashed it with one of my tendrils, "Fucking, stupid-ass thing.." I sat up and hung my head, rubbing my face with my hands and sighing to myself. I looked over to my window to see the sun starting to rise.

I glared at nothing and decided that I was going to skip school today, I'd rather go to the hospital to check up on Yuu. I did my morning routine and got ready in comfortable clothes, ready to walk out to the hospital.

++ At the Hospital ++

I finally sat down at the waiting room, waiting for the nurse to get approval from the doctor so I could go in and see Yuu. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed, mumbling to myself, "Why won't they hurry?"

The smell of disinfectant, iodoform*, filling my nostrils along with numerous people passing by, blood circulating all around me. Yet, I still cringed and scrunched my nose up in disgust.

*iodoform - it is a chemical used as an antiseptic and disinfectant as it destroys viruses and fungus. It's also what many people call the "hospital smell".

(OH SHIT- RANDOM IDEA POPPING UP-)

"(L/N)?" I immediately straightened my back and looked up expecting the nurse but I only came face-to-face with Iida, "What are you doing here? How come you're not at school?"

I slouched back into the seat and answered, "I could be asking you the same thing." He suddenly tensed up and tightly gripped the water bottle he had in his hands, "I-" "Miss (L/N)?" I look to the side where I see the nurse, "You may see Mr. Intelli now."

I stood up without a second thought and glanced at Iida, "See ya soon." I quickly followed the nurse to the room and went in as soon as she opened the door. I stopped as soon as I reached the side of Yuu's bed, and he laid in it with IV's and wires connected to the patient monitor.

"Is it asleep? Unconscious? How long will he be here for?" I looked to the nurse, desperate for answers. She shook her head slowly and answered, "I can't tell how long he will be here for, the doctor should be here shortly. And he's just passed out, he's on anesthetics* due to the surgery."

*anesthetics - are drugs that are used to keep a patient from feeling any pain during surgery or other medical procedures.

I placed my hands on the small railings that were on the sides of the bed. I looked at Yuu's soft, resting features while I stayed silent. I heard the nurse ask, "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

I shook my head and I heard her walkoff and exit the room, the door closing behind her. Unknowingly I gripped the rails tighter and I let out a shuddery breath as tears slowly started cascading down my face, "You're going to be okay..."

Uta's POV

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE WAS KIDNAPPED?!" roared Touka. Kaneki and Nishiki were currently holding her back while I answered, "I mean that Aogiri just swooped in and took her, Touka!" Yoshimura intervened, "Okay calm down-"

As soon as Abe was kidnapped I abandoned the man I was talking to and tried running after her until the two Aogiri members were out of sight. I closed my shop and ran towards Anteiku to break the bad news to Yoshimura.

We were in the back room to not cause a scene out in the cafe. "How can we calm down when Uta lost the only thing that we had to get (Y/N) back?!!!" I immediately froze in place, knitting my eyebrows together, "What?"

Yoshimura sighed, "Uta," I turned from Touka's glare to the elderly man's saddened gaze, "That girl was the one that opened that 'portal', the same one that helped (Y/N) leave."

My heart started to beat faster and louder until that's all I could hear. Yoshimura placed a hand on my shoulder, "She was going to help us bring her back today." My breathing started to become heavier, more ragged by the second.

My knees felt weak and I stepped back to settle myself down on the couch. I slouched over and stared at my trembling hands, "You..." My bottom lip trembled as I tried forming words, "You mean to tell me... that.. that it was true?

"What you told me.. magic... it's true?" I felt the anger and desperation in Touka's quivering voice, "Of course it's real! Did you really think I lied?!" Yoshimura's soft voice tried to relax Touka, "Please, sit down, let's talk through it, we have to think of a way to get (Y/N) back."

(Y/N)... I will get you back.. we'll get you home. That's a promise.

Eto's POV

I ran my thumb across the baby blue-eyed girl's quivering lips, "Shhh, don't be scared little one." I eyed her leg where one of the member's bikaku was tightly wrapped around her leg, "You can let her go, Scar."

He did as I bid and she immediately curled up, bringing her legs to her chest, "Please, I just wanna go back home.." I smiled at her, "Now, that, that is something possible, you just need to give us our dearly beloved, (Y/N)."

She started to slightly tremble, "H-How do I know you won't.." she gulped and I tried offering a sweet smile, "We won't what?" Tears started forming in her eyes, "That you won't hurt her...?"

Her voice was soft, she was scared shitless, I opened my mouth to respond but Tatara beat me to it, "We won't. She's one of ours, I just want you to open that ring again." I smirked to myself wickedly and looked back at Tatara, "Oh, Tatara.

"Don't bother yourself with this matter. You must have more important matters at hand. Let me handle this for you." He looked at me and even though he made no face expression his stare was enough to tell me he was infuriated at me.

I was never one to get on his bad side but when he told me how he abandoned his daughter to serve under the One-Eyed King it bothered me. I later on met her, (Y/N), I saw how small, innocent, lost, and alone she was; that's when it angered me.

I tried being a part of her life, having lost her mother and abandoned by her father. I felt it almost as a responsibility to care for her even if all those at Anteiku watched over her. That's why...

That's why when Tatara expresses any concern for her, it irritates me because he could've prevented her life from being hell, from being lost, all alone. "There's no need to worry about me, Eto. I'm more than capable of seeing that (Y/N) gets home safely."

I kept that smirk with my eyebrows furrowed downwards, "No, I must insist. I wouldn't want you to waste your time. I'll take over from here." He won't keep insisting, he'd look desperate. That's not something he wants to express in front of others.

I saw his eyebrow twitch in distress yet he sounded as he was relieved from the burden, "Very well then. Once she gets here, alert me." I raised my eyebrows and smiled innocently, "Will do!"

Tatara started to walk out and the two men followed him out, leaving me alone with the fearful girl, "Now, say, let's bring (Y/N) back to me." Tears streamed down her face and I cupped her face with my hands, "Come on,

"There's nothing to be afraid about."