CHAPTER 35

(Y/N)'s POV

"Well done everyone!..." It's finally the end of the class as All Might tells us how well it went. He then mentioned to go to Izu and give him his results while he started running off. As I heard All Might say that I perked up and turned to Eij, "Hey Eij, I might be a lil' behind okay?" He nodded, "Yeah.."

I awaited for my classmates to turn around and head to the locker rooms. My eyes change when I use my rinkaku to grab the top of the building and help me swing towards the direction All Might went.

I get to the doors and ran in to turn corners, following All Might. Then when I turn the last corner I see a little bit of his cape go into a room as the door closes. I decided to pause, take a breather and start walking to the room. I stand in front of it, but before I open the door I hear All Might and Recovery Girl talking.

"...It's not me you need to apologize! Yesterday and today, he's come to me completely fatigued! This isn't so easily healed!..." Umm.. did I come at a wrong time..?- "Come on. I know you gave him your power, but whether he's your favorite or not you have to stop indulging him!"

I just stood there frozen a bit in shock, Izu got his power from.. All Might...? All Might then spoke, "No, you're absolutely right." Why does his voice sound so different..? "I was sympathizing with him too much... so I hesitated.. But, um.." Um, what..? "Can you keep it down? At least when discussing One For All."

Even if they whispered I could still hear them well, One For All.. what's that? "Oh, right. Sure thing Mr. Natural born hero. Mr. Symbol of Peace." Did I sense some sarcasm there..? "This true form of mine and my injury are common knowledge to the staff here at U.A. However, only you, the principal, an old friend of mine, and Midoriya here know about my quirk."

So he's saying that there's a secret between them..? "It's a secret to all others." Then Recovery Girl asks, "I don't suppose that's just you resting on your laurels then? It's that important, huh? That you be a 'natural born hero' and 'Symbol of Peace'?" A little silence before All Might spoke once more, "Without me... This superhuman society would fall to evil." I only sighed softly.

"This is.. this is the responsibility that those who wield this power must bear!" A sigh from Recovery Girl, "Then it's all the more important that you learn to guide him properly!" I decided to stop eavesdropping and quietly walked away. I walked to the locker room to change into my uniform and went to class.

I was only a few seconds late, "About time. Come in and take your seat please, class is about to begin."

++ Time Skip To After School ++

I finally stood up and put my journal and pencil into my backpack. I swing my backpack over my shoulder as I held the strap with my hand. The entire afternoon I have been zoning out, thinking back to what I heard Recovery Girl and All Might talk about. In all honesty I was kinda hurt that Izu lied to me.

Although.. no matter if his lying does hurt, I better not say anything to anyone.. not even mention it to Izu that I know about it... I was about to head out of the classroom until Izu walked in and everyone crammed around him. Deciding to not bother him, still hurt a bit, I opened the window quietly and crawled out, using my tendril to get me to the top of the building. Good thing I use tights underneath.

I got on the roof and walked to the direction of the main entrance. I jumped off the building in a calm matter. As I neared the ground I attached my tendrils to a nearby tree and smoothly landed, squatting onto one of the branches. I was going to jump to the ground until I heard Izu, "Kacchan!"

I stayed in place, hiding in the tree as I eavesdropped on another conversation, "Eh?" "I can't say much. But you should know this at least..!" I furrowed my eyebrows, Is he really gonna tell him..? "I got my quirk from someone else.." My heart felt like it was clenched, I get it if he tells Bakugou, they've been friends since kids.. But.. but I thought Izu and I were close..

"I can't say from who. But this is like a conversation out of a comic book. On top of that, I can't use it right, yet. This borrowed power.. It's still pretty useless to me. That's why.. I tried to beat you without it. But I couldn't! I had to rely on it! I've got a way to go...! That's why.. I'm going to make it my own, someday.

"And overcome you with my power." I had a dumbfounded look and murmured to myself, "What the hell.." Bakugou had the same expression as I. Izu then froze in place as he realized what he said and Bakugou began to tremble probably in anger and dissatisfaction.

"What the hell..? Borrowed power..? No clue what you're talking about. But I guess you're gonna just keep making a fool outta me.. right?!" Bakugou rose his voice louder, "I mean, what the hell!!" What the hell indeed.. "I.. lost to you today! And as if that weren't enough.." He seems to be.. cracked...? His spirits are low.. he's not being the cocky guy he usually is.

"That icy bastard! No way I can measure up to him, either!" I squinted my eyes, thinking that my brain is fooling me, but as my eyes saw I noticed that Bakugou did have watery eyes. "Damnit! Ponytail girl said it all really.." He clenched his fists and I looked at him closely. My eyebrows couldn't be furrowed anymore.

For a moment.. I felt him.. his pain, his rage, his low spirits, hurt by the revealing truth.. My eyebrows creased upwards as lowered my head, looking at my lap. I only heard him, "Damnit! Damnit! Why?!" That phrase.. the same phrase I repeated to myself when I felt so weak in the cells.. starving to my death.. fighting in the arenas.. killing to save myself.. pissed off because I couldn't save my kind... watching them die by the hands of the CCG in front of me..... I was about to lose myself until I heard a whisper, "Hello, young (L/N)."

On the same branch, I quickly and quietly turned my head around and pointed one of my tendrils to the person's throat, "Now now.. I am here. All Might.." I widen my eyes and put away my tendril, "S-sorry sir.." "It's alright." I had an apologetic face, "You too Deku!" Right.. I was listening to them.

I looked back at the scene unfold, "From here on, I..! From here on..! Y'hear me?! I'm gonna beat you all!! Enjoy your win! It'll never happen again! Damnit!" From behind me a feel some wind blowing through the leaves and my hair, I look back and see All Might missing. "KID!" I turn to look at the scene once again as All Might grabs Bakugou's shoulder, well he's fuckin' fast.. "Let me tell you.. that sort of self respect is important!"

All Might went on about how Bakugou could be a pro hero but Bakugou stopped him, "Get off of me All Might. I can't walk. Needless to say.. I'll be a hero who even surpasses you!" I sighed to myself, there's the cocky bastard that I know. All Might lets him go as he walks away. Ima go see if he's okay.. I swing to the gates and hop over them as I land to the ground a few feet behind Bakugou, "Yo Bakugou!"

I jog over to him as he hides his face; I pretend to know nothing, "What's up-" "What the hell do you want?" Yup, he's back.. "Nothin', just saw you walking alone and thought I could join you-" He stopped and I stopped beside him, he looked at me directly in my eyes with his watery ones, "Well it's a shitty idea! Now leave me alone!" He walked again and I followed.

"Are you.. are you crying-" "I said to leave me the hell alone-" I cut him off a little annoyed, "Stop cutting me off will you?! Jeez, I'm just worried about you.." He grumbled a little, "Don't. I'm fine." I sighed, "I call b.s. on that.. what is it?" He growled and stopped as he turned his whole body around to face me, "Why the hell do you even care?!"

"Stop screaming! And because!" "Because what?!" He didn't stop screaming, what the hell?! "Because-.. because..." I look down to the ground, "Yeah that's what I thought.." I furrow my eyebrows and look back up to him, "I don't know whether to be mad or sympathetic to an asshole like you.."

He glared at me as I continued, "And I don't know why I'm caring about how you're doing but I feel like I know what your going through-" "Were you eavesdropping, too, stalker?" "Eavesdropping to what?" He looked to the side, "Nevermind.." I looked to the other side and finished, "I just don't want you spirits broken.. you may be a jackass, but.. You're strong and confident,

"Keep that in mind.."