CHAPTER 48

(Y/N)'s POV

"Death is right around the corner.. understood doll?" There were tears in her eyes as she tried to nod. I set her down and let go of her, "Give me your hoodie.." She slowly took off her navy hoodie and handed it over to me. I put it on over my uniform and looked at her, "I only want to visit for half an hour, then I'll want to come back."

She nodded, "And if you try to run then expect extreme torture before death." Her breath hitched, "Okay let's go, I'm right behind you.." She took a deep breath in and made the portal that leads me to my home, I felt nervous. As she walked through, I walked right behind her and made it to the other side.

Endeavor's POV

I heard some talking and quickly turned the corner where the voices came from, but to my luck I found nothing. The only thing I saw was a small blue ring closing in and disappearing. It was probably that girl. What the hell is she up to?

(Y/N)'s POV

I looked around at the old and familiar streets. I stood still next to the girl, "What's your name?" She softly answered, "Abe.." "Good now stay extremely close to me, ghouls in this world can smell a person whether they're human or ghoul. And when they find out that you're human, they'll want to kill you. So stay close and I'll protect you if you value your life."

I started walking and I immediately felt nostalgic, "I'm home.. I'm really home." I tried to remember my way to Anteiku as I walked with Abe. I looked at her, "So what the hell was in your damn mind when you were exploring here?" Abe shakily breathed in and answered, "I was just curious.. since that's all that my quirk can do.."

I looked back in front of me, "Have you told anyone else about me? And you better be honest." "N-No.. I haven't.. I couldn't ever bring myself to tell anyone.." I became more familiar with the place, "And how about your side? How has that been?"

Abe's breath hitched, "I... I went to a friend to heal me up. It-it took a few hours, but she helped me.." "What did you tell her about the wound?" "Sh-She asked me how it happened, so I told her I ran into a villain for a bit b-but escaped.." I sighed heavily, "It's been a pain in the ass looking for you.."

We finally made it to Anteiku and I stood in front of the door for a while. I felt extremely nervous and a bit shaky, I was finally home after all. I opened the door and slowly walked up the stairs, hearing Abe right behind me.

I finally made it to the second floor and started contemplating about opening the last door. I was excited now, finally being able to see my family. I put my hand on the handle and heard laughing from inside.

I heard familiar voices speaking, Yoshimura and Touka.. I smiled until I heard another unfamiliar voice, "Well still.. Thank you for taking me in." Taking him in..? Then Touka, "Hey Kaneki, just eat the small portions we give you at least." And next Yoshimura, "Yes. You need to take care of yourself. We care about you as all our other fellow ghouls." I slowly let go of the handle, my arm slightly swaying by my side. I felt a bit sad, do they even.. miss me..? "It'll take me time to adjust but I still appreciate it.."

The Kaneki guy went on, "The room I'm in, did it belong to someone." There was a pause then Yoshimura answered, "It used to belong to a girl.. She's been gone for a long time.." I didn't stand there any longer, I walked down the stairs and headed out to wherever my feet took me.

Abe quickly followed, "H-Hey! D-Didn't you want to go in? What happened?" I didn't answer her, I had mixed feelings at the moment. "Hey (L/N).. answer me." I let out a low growl, "If you don't want me to kill you then I suggest to shut the hell up." I heard a little gulp from her as she closed her mouth.

Abe was a few feet behind me so when we passed another ghoul I wasn't being careful. "(Y/N)!!!" I snapped out of my selfish thoughts and turned around only to see Abe's hands disappear around a corner. I quickly ran after her and turned the corner to the alleyway where a ghoul was about to kill Abe, she's my only hope of going back!

I quickly stretch one of my tendrils to cut the ghoul's bikaku. The ghoul quickly turned to look at me and threw Abe to the ground, "Hey asshole! She's mine so don't dare to lay another finger on her!" Abe quickly scooted back and her back bumped into a wall.

Abe seemed unharmed so I focused my attention on my opponent, "Well I don't see your name on her-" Before he finished his remark I sharpened my rinkaku and stroke his left arm, one of his legs. The ghoul shouted in agony and quickly slammed bakaku against me where I hit the wall. He charged towards me but I quickly got up.

"Abe, run behind me once I strike him!" She stood up and I quickly tried to strike the ghoul but he deflected my attacks and tried to attack me himself. His blond hair was a mess as well as my own (H/C) hair. We kept attacking each other until I stroke the ghoul's torso.

As soon as I did that, Abe quickly ran past me and around the corner. The ghoul looked at me, "Looks like you're friends with that human." I growled in annoyance, "The hell is it to you?" He grinned, "If others find out that you're with that human, then they'll kill you." I furrowed my eyebrows, "You're one to talk." "And you're not a talkative one, are you?"

I quickly pulled back my tendril and stood up straight, "What a waste of time.." I turned around and left to wherever Abe left. I walked around the corner and spotted her, "Hey, hurry up we gotta go?" I grabbed her arm and pulled her to another familiar place.

I sensed her blood circulating quickly, "Calm down, last thing I need from you is to get a panic attack. I don't know how to deal with that.." Abe tried to even her breathing, "Is.. is it always like this? Nothing but a game of survival of the fittest?" I gently kept pulling her along, "It may be sad but true. It's one of the reasons why I enjoy your world. It's much more peaceful than here.."

We finally made it to a small cafe, a very small one at that. I let Abe go, "We should stay here for a bit. Do you have money?" Abe nodded and I responded, "Then get something while we're here.. Then we'll head out." We sat down and rested for a while. What I didn't know at the time was that everyone was still in search..

Of me.

(A/N)
AIGHT IM BACK! I got the chapter for tomorrow all ready and I'm finnaly working on chapter 50! So a chapter a day. Hopefully I can stick to it. I've been somewhat getting the hang of online school even if it's still a pain. So thank you for your love, support and patience my lovelies!

Much love and hugs!❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗 Stay safe and inside!~