CHAPTER 3

(Y/N)'s POV

I flutter open my eyes and sit up on the bed, stretching out my limbs. I yawn and freeze, quickly looking over to the clock reading 8:14 am. I smile at my relaxed state, That was a hell of a good night's sleep. I decide to get out of bed and dispose of the clothes from last night in the bathroom trash can. Making sure I have the money in my sweats, I exit the room going downstairs.

When I reach the first floor I meet the same lady from last night at the receptions desk, "Good Morning!" Someone seems happy... With my usual stolin expression I hummed in response and walked out of the hotel, regaining a light smell of beer from the outside air. I pulled my hood up and sticked my hands into the hoodie's pockets, walking by an electronics store. I was zoning out, that's until something from the TVs in front of the electronic store's glass caught my attention. I turned my body and gave my attention towards the TV.

A lady in a blue coat, white shirt, and blue skirt with a high ponytail and grey eyes started speaking, "I'm (whatever the fuck her name is), and I am here with some shocking news that we have to take caution in with advance. Last night there were 18 horrific and gory, murders. This is the closest we can get to seeing the crime scene."

The scene had bodies on the floor with white covers over them, police cars and ambulances with medics and cops were everywhere. They were checking and taking bodies, examining the crime scene, trying to find evidence. There was also a yellow ribbon/tape with bold letters on it 'Caution,' surrounding the scenery.

The most attractive part of the scene was the crimson color... blood.. blood was everywhere. It was over all the floor exiting from under the covers, the lifeless source providing blood to spread on the ground.

By this time, I sensed the amount of blood circulating around me, humans. They were staring in horror at the TVs in the store, watching the crime scene shown. The humans started to talk amongst themselves, "What the hell?" "Who would have done this?" "This is so gross." "I might puke.." "Where were the heroes at? Shouldn't they be protecting us?!"

My attention from the TV was taken away by that question, although my eyes never left the screen. What the hell...? Heroes? Are they talking about the CCG or what? No... they're never really referred to as heroes...

My attention, once again, was captivated by the news lady on TV. "So far, there has been no information released over this incident. The police won't answer any of my questions and won't leak any information for the time being-" A cop walks towards her, interrupting, "Ma'am please stay out of the crime scene, it's not saf-" She becomes pleased finding a source of information, "PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION! Where were the heroes when this occurred?" "Ma'am I suggest you go now! No questions will be answered!" The officer shoved his hand in front of the camera cutting of the video as the TV screens blacked out.

The talk between the humans became louder and more annoying by the second, so instead of making a scene I walked away. Thoughts began to storm in my mind again, Did I really kill that much people? I thought it was only about 12 kills... And who are all these humans calling heroes? For all I know, the CCG are violent assholes that want nothing but hunt and kill ghouls to become rich and known.

Better question, why is everyone so calm?! There are literally ghouls everywhere and they aren't scared for their own lifes? What the hell! Wait... but I haven't smelled other ghouls around... what the hell is going on.....

At this point I started to get a headache, I looked down at the ground with half lidded eyes. I'm thinking too fucking much. I need to chill out- My eyes shot open due to a soothing and familiar smell. I quickly whipped my head towards the source of the smell.... a coffee shop; it was across the street from where I was at.

One of the two major smells that we ghouls can sense, and I am going to go in for a cup of coffee. I walked to the cafe, crossing the street carefully without getting run over. I noticed that the building was one story and well-kept since it wasn't rundown. The paint job was simple, brown with a bit of white and the name of the store was also in white letters, italicized, 'Sho's Cafe.' I noticed that inside were a couple of customers in booths.

When I opened the door to enter, I heard a little jingle. I looked above the door to spot a little, golden-like colored bell. One of the waitresses called over to me, earning my attention, "Hello ma'am! Go ahead and sit wherever you'd like. We'll get to you in just a sec!" She was so cheery, showing a smile full of hope and happiness... something I would never have....

I went to go sit down at a booth, seeing as there was already a menu set down I skimmed through it. I saw so many pastries, desserts, different drinks, sweets.... it all made my stomach twist. How can humans eat all this the whole time? I read somewhere that too much sugar can give you diabetes... So much for humans taking care of themselves.

The same waitress that greeted me came over to my booth, "Hello ma'am, my name is Nia! What would you like today?" As she said that she took out a pen and a notepad, ready to write down my order. Even if she held a smile, all I returned was a deadpanned face with a monotonous voice, "Just a black coffee please."

Hey, even if I look like a jackass, it doesn't mean I'm a complete asshole. I have manners you know.

"Alrighty then! Coming right up!" She left back behind the counter as I looked away and at my hands intertwined together on the table. I closed my eyes, it's so quiet and peaceful... now this feels nice...

I continued to relish the silence and small-talk around me, well.. until I became quickly annoyed. Two girls came into the store, laughing loudly and talking loud too, Damn! I can't get any peace and quiet around others, can I? They're so damn obnoxious.. I opened my eyes slightly, completely annoyed.

The worst part about this situation was that they sat in the booth behind me, it just gets fucking better, doesn't it? I closed my eyes and kept my mouth shut since I did not want to cause a scene. As the pair continued to talk, my attention was withdrawn to the pair's conversation as a certain topic came up between them. Heroes..... This may be my chance to learn what's truly going on. I attentively listened to the conversation without being noticed.

(A/N)
So here it is, another slow-paced chapter. But anyways thanks for sticking with my story and for dealing with me!