CHAPTER 24

(A/N: Special thanks to @Slushie-X for the new nickname!) - Izu

Midoriya's POV

I looked to the ground as we were walking. Sure (Y/N) is letting me call her by her first name, but is it because she's friendly enough to let anyone call her by that or is it because we're close friends? I was ready to get shut down, told that I'm merely just another person.

"Well yeah.." In shock from her response, I quickly lift my head and look at her, "R-Really?!" She flinched a little at my slightly loud voice and smiled, "Well why wouldn't I? I mean you come talk to me at the cafe, today you trained along with me, and we know things about each other. As where I don't share anything with anyone.." She paused and looked down, thinking.

I realized my heart was somewhat racing and my body was tense when I loosened up. I kept looking at her in concern as she looked into my eyes and smiled a little, showing honesty, "I mean, you're pretty different.. I feel comfortable around you, I feel like I can trust you. You're a great guy, Mido."

I felt my face burn a little and my heart beat a little more; I noticed that she giggled a little and I questioned, "W-What's s-s-so f-funny?" She looked up in front of her and smiled a little, "Nothing.. you're just red.." I quickly covered my face with my arms, trying to hide my blush, I-Is it o-out of embarassment??? Or... do I like-

(Y/N)'s POV (Quickly switching POVs Bc I Like To Make You Suffer)(UwU)

I found it funny how Mido can get embarrassed easily, I question without looking away at the pavement in front of me, "Do you not like to call me by my first name or what?" I sensed that  his body loosened as he thought, arms still covering his flushed face, "N-no. I-I like it.. I-It's just t-that I noticed that y-you s-still call m-me by m-my l-last name.."

I looked over to him, finding that he was staring at the ground, "Well what do you want me to call you by?" He turned red yet again and looked into my eyes, "U-umm- well- I-Izuku.. o-or anything else y-you'd like.." I smiled and thought of it.

"Izuku, huh?" My heart beat hard once as I said that, "S-Sounds good to me.. I-It'll just take me awhile to get used to it.." Izuku, (fuckin feels weird makin' the reader call him this now XD), nodded small and glanced away as a thought came to mind, "What about Izu? Is that okay too?" He quickly averted his eyes to me and nodded once, hiding his face a little more, "Y-Yeah! Th-that's fine too!"

I chuckled a bit and saw that I was nearing my apartment. Without looking away from home sweet home, I announced, "I should stop here in a bit." I noticed that Izu looked to where my attention drew and he gasped, "Y-You live here too?!" As quick as I looked at him is as quick as he turned to me, "Eh?" "I-I live here t-too!" He quickly looks and points at building 2, "There i-in that o-one!" My eyes widen slightly and I chuckle, "I live in the next building, then. Building 3, third floor."

Guessing from Izu's pumped up voice, he seemed excited about this, "That's amazing! We can train every once in awhile and study for our entrance exams!" I smiled warmly at his enthusiastic side, he can be so adorable.. I agreed along with his ideas, "Yeah, why not? It sounds fun."

He sheepishly looked towards me, "O-Oh sorry! I rambled on again.." I set my hand onto his shoulder, "It's fine. I don't mind it.." He smiled at me and nodded once, "O-Okay." I decided to end our little meeting for the day, "Well I'm gonna hit the shower.." I looked away in embarrassment, "A-And sorry about today, I got out of hand.." He smiled warmly, "It's fine."

I looked to him and started walking away, waving, "Thanks Mi- Izu! For today." "O-Of course!"

==========

After cleaning up, I still lingered under the shower a little longer; warm water hitting my back. Damn.. what a crazy ride it was today... Of course my thoughts were still on my past memories.. How could I not? It's pretty damn gruesome for a child to experience.. especially the victim being their own mother...

I got out and changed into a tank top and sweats, eight more months, huh? Gotta start training and strengthen up my rinkaku more than it already is. I got to make it to find her and go back home...

++ Back to (Y/N) When She Was Five ++

My body was shaking, I tried to not let any sound from my mouth escape. I was basically drowning in my cries, mommy... she's.. dead... she's gone forever now... It seemed to be an endless amount of tears which streamed down my face.

The bubble of illusion in which I was once in, popped. My illusions were shattered, learning that the real world was a cruel, burning hell. I held back my cries so badly to the point where I almost bit my flesh off of my hand.

I heard faint footsteps become louder by the step, nearing my trembling body. I wanted to run away, but I sat there frozen. Scared for my life, but at the same time I didn't care. I didn't know what to think, everything was jumbled up in my mind.

I heard the footsteps near even more, but this time along with the scraping of a sword against the pavement. I just let loose and sobbed out loud, not giving care any longer; I basically awaited my death to come.

No One's POV

The investigator only kept walking, purposefully grazing the tip of his katana against the ground. He did this to try and strike fear into the young ghoul. He spoke in a cooing voice, "(Y/N)-chan~ Where are you? Don't try to hide from me little one, everything's fine now. Your mommy is in a better place where she'll finally get to rest. Isn't that good?~"

(Y/N) only quieted down, still sobbing, hearing the man come closer to end her life. "I mean, after all, I bet you were quite a nuisance to her. Having her take you places every day, having to spend time with you, and taking care of you to try and make you happy." He lowered his voice and sounded dead, "And even now.."

(Y/N) went silent, sniffling and taking in everything he said, "She tried to get away to save her life, but you hindered her. She could've just left you, but she felt bad and got burdened with the responsibility to protect you. In the end, her pity for you led to her own death.

"In other words, it's your fault she died."