CHAPTER 18

(Y/N)'s POV

++ Time Skip To Sunday ++

I started walking to my usual Sunday cafe. Since it has started to get warm, I put on black, baggy shorts over black tights and a black spaghetti strap shirt along with a black hoodie. Yeah it may be all black, but do I care what others think? No, no I do not. There are eight more months until the U.A. entrance exams, I should get as strong as I can.

I entered, received my coffee, and waited patiently for Midoriya. As I waited, I started to think about all of my fighting skills and style back at Cochlea. Sure I was a test subject and a plaything, but they also made us fight against each other at times, a ghoul against a ghoul.

Those assholes may have been extremely against ghouls and torture them, but they would also try to make the ghouls stronger to take to their "Arena". The Arena is a white rundown, one-story building that did not look at all promising or interesting. At least that is what it looked like on the outside. The inside seemed a rundown as well witht the exception of a man behind the lonely counter.

There was nothing inside really, but only a few of the CCG that liked to bet and win money on ghouls knew about this...

++ Flashback to When (Y/N) Was Twelve ++

I was in my cell as Kuriganame came over and stood in front of me. I was currently being pinned down by his assistants and started to get tied up. My stomach on the floor as the assistants held me down by my back pushing down. The shackles and chains would restrain me from struggling and the heavy metal kept restricting me from using my kagune. My body started to become a little limped due to the drug they injected into me.

I was confused, so I looked over to Kuriganame and his sadistic smile, "What the hell do you want now?!" Kuriganame walked over to me and crouched down as he grabbed a fistful of my (H/C) hair, pulling it upwards towards him, "Now, now. Don't worry, you'll soon get a new playmate! Call this a playdate, but just involving death."

I only became more confused and so I creased my eyebrows together, "What...?" Kuriganame forcefully smashed my head onto the dirty, concrete floor, "I mean that you'll get to fight another ghoul to the death for my entertainment-" I widened my eyes as I refused, "LIKE HELL! I'm not going to satisfy you asshole- AGH!" Once again, he banged my head on the floor, more violently, "SHUT THE HELL UP MONSTER! You will let me finish!"

I flinch but keep looking at him as I can see some blood flow out in front of me, most likely from my head, "As I was saying, it's a fight to the death. So my dear, you either die or survive. Your choice really, but I have a deal with you so we can assure that you will win."

I looked at him with a concerned but stern look, "And what is that?" His smile turned into a wicked grin, "From now on, you'll fight under my name in the Arena. So, the deal is, if you win, then every ghoul here will be spared from our treatment for a whole day and have food to eat." I stared at him, "And if I lose?"

His eyes become dilated and more dead, "Then I'll make sure to let my assistants do whatever they wish to your family of ghouls here, in addition with the deaths of the closest ones to you. I'll make sure they know what hell feels like before they even get there."

My eyes widen, fully understanding that countless lives and victims depend on me. I summarize everything so I make sure I understand, "So basically I'm killing one of my kind to save the others...?" He smiles and finally lets go of my hair, "Good girl. I knew you'd get it!"

He walks away as I am left behind with his assistants picking me up and basically dragging me since the drug took effect of my body. The last thing I remember about then was a sack placed over my head and taken into a vehicle, awaiting my match.

++ Small Time Skip ++

I was settled down and the sack was taken off my head; the shackles were off of me, all except the one on my neck. The only difference with it this time was that the little red light was off. I try using my rinkaku... success! So I get to use my kagune now. And I also just noticed that I could feel my body again.

But I could only feel, not see. The small room I was in was pitch black and I could only hear distant screams and shouting. I was trying to feel the walls until I heard sliding behind me, I quickly turned to see a very small window being slid open. At that time, I saw Kuriganame as he only cheered me on, "Good luck out there ya monster! Remember, my money and the lives of your kind depend entirely on you for now on. Oh and you may use your kagune as freely as you want." The little window was slid shut once more as I was left in darkness once again.

After a moment a big door opposite the little window wall was opened upward. I slowly started to walk out cautiously and started hearing louder shouts and commotion. As I stepped out in light humans cheered and my opponent walked out as well from the other side of the Arena, looking completely confused.

I could only think to myself, do I really have to? Do I really want to kill this ghoul just to save others. I want to save others when they mean nothing to me.... why should I save them? They've done nothing for me, so why should I do this? I thought of everyone back in Cochlea, I did not know why, but... for some reason I wanted to save them.

As I ignored the speaker yelling out the purpose and instructions of this match, I thought back to what Yoshimura taught me. "Even if others aren't as respectful or as generous as they should be, then there's no reason to be like that. Keep smiling and keep giving them kindness and some respect. Instead of stooping down to their level, try being greater than that. Don't let others have the satisfaction of watching you break when you can rise."

That is my reason to fight. To save others even if my own kind have betrayed me and let me get caught. I'll fight for them, because that is what Yoshimura would have done.

And ever since then, I would battle and kill once every month. Earning myself a ghoul to eat as a reward....

++ Back to Present Time ++

I get snapped out of my past and quickly looked over to who had taken my attention, "Hey (N/N)-chan. Sorry I didn't mean to startle you, I just saw you deep in thought..." It was the same greenette who I have became good friends with, I did go too deep in thought, didn't I? I look at Mido's green eyes, "No it's fine, actually, thank you. I was thinking too much heh."

Midoriya only smiled, "O-oh no problem heh!" I smiled back, not resisting his smile, "I already ate, so you can go ahead and eat." He nodded and started looking through the menu as I was losing myself in my thoughts again, I can't stay in the past.

For now I need to focus on my true goals.

(A/N)
OKAY THANK YOU FOR READING AND GIVING ME SO MUCH SUPPORT! Even if I do update extremely slow, I thank you all for your patience! I honestly was going to stop writing this story since I started losing inspiration for writing. But, ever since I saw how much support and love I'm receiving for this story, I have decided to keep writing for you all! Thank you, much love and hugs!!!