CHAPTER 17

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up early again since it is finally Monday, damn it. Do I hate Mondays. I stretched once I got out of bed and went to start my daily routine before work starts. While I was brushing my teeth, my lower back began to itch, what the hell, again? I use my hand to scratch my lower back, almost where my kagune is at.

Fucking numbers... I finished brushing my teeth and took off my shirt, placing it on the counter of the sink. I turn my back against the mirror and I try my best to see my back, a little above where my kagune rests, there are those bold black numbers that were engraved into my body when I was first captured.

10-809

I hated them, I wanted to take them off and I want to tear that piece of flesh off, but I could not. I tried twice, yet that damned number still showed, maybe it's some special ink of some kind? All I knew was that it reminded me of when I was a plaything and a lab rat, I can still remember Kuriganame's voice, "Ready to play some more number 10-809?!"

My skin was stained with temporary red marks from my scratching nails. I exhaled lightly and continued my morning routine.

++ A Couple Of Hours Later ++

I was at the store working the cashier register as usual and eyeing the two new employees at the same time. It was two guys, one had raven hair with blue eyes, average and tall, as for the other, he had yellow hair with grey eyes, average too but around my size. To be honest, they look like normal high school dropouts.

The raven haired male swept while the blond one organized bookshelves. I mean I get that it might be a coincidence, but I cannot help but think that they might be here for something else. I just don't know what...

I snap out of my trance when Yuu comes out through the office door, "How's everything going my fellow workers?!" I ignore him as the two other males nod and say 'good'. Yuu steps closer to me and sets his head onto my shoulder, "Come on (N/N)~ Don't ignore meeee!" I look towards him, "Can you be any more fucking loud?" "Aw come on (N/N)!"

I sigh and give in, "Fine, I'm doing good Yuu, and you?" He stands up and his eyes start glimmering like stars, "I HAVE IT! I HAVE OBTAINED THE SUPER EXCLUSIVE AND LIMITED EDITION ACTION FIGURE OF ALL MIGHT!!!" Ah, that's why he came out asking how everyone is... to be honest I'm not even surprised...

"Well you sure are happy as hell huh?" Yuu nodded slowly and cockily, "I mean of course, I'm the best and I deserve the best~" I look outside through the large glass windows and start spotting teenagers and kids coming towards here, school's out already? Nonetheless I respond to Yuu, "Jackass much?"

He nods again and, then, realizes what I just said, "HUH?! Me? A jackass?! Well, I never! Besides customers are coming in, have fun!" He quickly dashes back into the office and closes the door, most likely because he's going to play with the action figure like the four-year-old he is. I on the other hand got ready for the waves of customers.

++ One Hour Later ++

It has only been a damn hour and the store is still pretty full; hell even the two newbies had to work the other two cash registers. As all three of us worked, the customers started to decrease only a few remained. My next buyer at my register was a pretty good surprise, "Mido? Whatcha doing here?"

The greenette looked up to me and smiled brightly, "(N/N)?! I didn't k-know you worked here." I chuckled lightly, his stuttering is starting to decrease. I chuckled a bit, "Yeah." I look down at what he set onto the counter, I look back up at him, "'Tips For Being A Hero' aaaand an All Might figurine, eh?"

I stared into his green orbs and he blushes lightly looking to the ground rather embarrassingly, "U-Ummm... Well y-yeah! I thought it might help me have some idea as to what a pro is like.. and as for the figurine umm.. yeah, heh." I checked out both of his items as I thought to myself, I wonder if he's free on this coming Sunday.. We could train together and I can let Yuu go on his dates.

As I finished, Mido paid and I asked him, "Hey Mido?" "Hm?" "Are you free this coming Sunday?" He put his hand up to his chin to think as he looked down, "Hmm... I think so. I mean All M- I mean! Sensei should probably be giving me a free day on that day, since he might... umm.. travel! Yup, travel. So yeah I might be free. Why?"

Midoriya's POV

Crap! I almost spilled my own secret to (N/N)-chan, I need to be more careful with that heh... After I told her that All Might, or my 'Sensei,' is traveling, she answered, "Oh well I was thinking that maybe we could train together on that day after breakfast at Makoto's." She offered me a small, but genuine smile that she gave, I returned said smile not being able to resist her pretty smile. Although, heh, t-that's not something I would ever admit to her in person of course.

"Sure, I'd love to! Maybe we can spar with each other, training mode though heh." Her mesmerizing (E/C) eyes looked into mine, "Sure, that sounds fun! Just make sure you give me all you got, I've been told that I'm pretty aggressive." I nod at her, filling up with excitement in the inside. (N/N) actually wants to train with me? This is good, not only will we train but maybe I can learn some moves from her. I'm still quirkless for nine more months so just hand-to-hand combat could be good.

(Y/N)'s POV

I see him lost in thought, mumbling to himself, something that I have grown used to quickly, "Whatcha thinking about Mido?" He snaps out of his trance and looks up to me, chuckling nervously, "Oh n-nothing heh. For training, do you mind just doing hand-to-hand combat?"

I smile at him and nod my head once, "Yeah, that sounds good to me." Mido grabbed his bags and looked to me once more, brightly smiling, "Thanks (N/N). I'll see you then!" He starts to walk away as I say my own farewells.

I believe that things have started to move along quite well.

(A/N)
I'm back on track baby! Anyways, thank you for being patient with me and for reading this!