6 - Truth

They walked around the streets and ended up in their favorite restaurant, or so Nabi told him. Jimin knew very well this restaurant, it was also theirs in the other life. 

Nabi looked very worried and Jimin told himself that he was now the time to tell her everything.

"I need to tell you something important." He was nervous, wondering how she would react, even himself could not believe what happened.

"Is it about last night and you acting weird since this morning?" she stared at him,  tears were forming at the corner of her eyes. 

"Hm yes... It's not that simple." Jimin looked down, trying to breathe and finding the right words.

Nabi could not hold her tears anymore, and started crying while looking at him.

"Please tell me. Did you cheat on me?" Saying the word out loud broke her more than she thought.

Jimin stopped, he did not expect to hear this. She was looking so devastated right now and he was watching her breaking in front of him. What could have been done before to make her think it could happen?

"No, not at all! It's something completely different, and I am afraid you won't believe me." He took a deep breath.

"I am not the Jimin you are married with". He paused for a minute to look at her and sense her reaction. She looked very confused but did not say anything, so he continued.

"I come from a different world, universe, I don't know. Yesterday, I fell asleep in Seoul, being an international K-pop star, and today I woke up being married to you."

Nabi was completely freaking out, she could understand everything he was saying, but could not processed it. Coming from a different word, that does not happen, or maybe just in fiction.

"Mochi, I don't understand anything! Stop messing with me, it makes no sense. You never auditioned to be a trainee, your teacher encouraged you to do it but you were too afraid to even consider it."

Jimin was completely stunned by what she was saying. In this life, he never went to the BigHit audition. He wondered what happened to the other members for BTS to not exist.

"I know, it sounds crazy, and like out of a movie or a book but that's the truth. In my life, we used to be together, but with the group and the fame, our relation did not survive."

Saying that out loud, made him think about the holiday he spent with Nabi and how sorry he was for letting her go.

Nabi looked at Jimin and he looked so sad, the whole story was strange. Could it be true? It could explain a lot but still seemed so unbelievable.

She stared at him and noticed the butterfly tattooed behind his right ear. She remembered he did it after they both graduated to prove his forever love for her. How could this man, not be the one she loved and got married with?

"If everything is true ..." She paused, she wanted to ask this, since he started with the story. "What made you come in this life?"

Jimin took his time to answer as he wanted to tell her the complete truth.

"During winter holiday, I went back to Busan and we met after 7 years without seeing each other. We spent a lot of time together and it reminded me how much I missed you. When I went back to Seoul and practice with the group, I could only think about you. One night, after a day harder than the others, I wished BTS would never have existed to be with you again and the next morning, I woke up next to you."

Nabi listened carefully to her husband, or who seemed to be her husband but is not, she was getting so confused. 

"Hm, I see. A-and what are you going to do now? Are you going to stay here? Giving this life a try?"

Nabi did not know what she was expecting. In the end, this man was her husband, no matter what he was saying.

"I am still very confused by the whole situation but having a chance to live with you, is what I wished for. We might need to see how everything will turn on."

Nabi took Jimin's hand to let him know that for her nothing changed. It was a bit different for him, but he was sure that he would get used to the situation quickly, after all he was still loving her.

Time was running and Nabi needed to go back to the bookstore.

"I will meet you at home and will tell you everything about our past life" said Nabi while putting back her coat.

"I would love that" smiled Jimin.

Jimin was really looking forward to hearing what they shared and everything they went through together.

She kissed him on forehead and left the restaurant.