7 - Our Story

Jimin spent the whole afternoon by himself, he did not know yet where he was supposed to work.

He decided to walk around his hometown, he travelled the world but still only felt at home in Busan. He always loved Busan, it was where he grown up, it was where he fell in love with Nabi.

On a street corner, he realized where he was, his parents house was just nearby. He wondered if it was a good idea to go see them, he was still not aware of what happened before today. He chose to not go for now, better wait for Nabi to tell him everything.

Back home, he chose to prepare diner. He was always the one cooking for them both when they were younger and lived a bit together.

Nabi went home and smiled when she smelt diner. How could this man not be the one she married, he was acting the same.

The evening was amazing and Jimin was more comfortable in the husband role, it's not like he did not love her at all.

They were both lying comfortably on the couch, Jimin got his arm around Nabi and she just laid her head against his chest. They were looking at photo album and Nabi looked at him.

"I should tell you our whole story now."

"Yes, please" Jimin whispered while holding her closely.

And so, she told him everything that happened, since they first met each other when they were 10.

The story started the same and Jimin had a very strange feeling, hearing it, still he let Nabi continued.

The day of the audition came, and he finally understood how both life drift apart, he never went and thus never became a K-pop idol.

Jimin looked at Nabi at this moment.

"Why did I not go to that audition, it has also always been my dream here, as you told me."

"I really don't know, I never understood why you did not go." Nabi remembered very well how sad she was for him and still today, she was sure he should have done it. "That day, when I asked you how it went, you just told me you felt it was not the right path for you. Later, you asked me to never mention it again, and I did."

The story continued, as Jimin expected it would happen, Nabi and him never broke up under the pression of his career. They instead ended up getting married on the beach they had their first kiss.

At that moment, it brought so many memories, Jimin remembered very well his first kiss with Nabi. 

You never forget your first kiss ... 

Neither your first love.

They moved in together quickly, Nabi opened her bookstore and Jimin became a dancer, teaching in his former school. 

Jimin still had so many questions. "Did we never fight? What were our plan for future? What used to be our ritual, our routine?" He truly wanted to know everything

"Stop it, you're asking too many questions at the same time. Of course, we fight". Nabi remembered their last fight which happened the day before but now was not the right time to bring it back.

She decided to change the subject and started tickling him, her Jimin always hated that and seemed that the one in front of her right now did not like that either.

They ended the evening watching a movie and Nabi fell asleep on the couch in Jimin arms.

He looked at her and thought about everything she said. It seemed they lived a happy life so far. At this moment, he sensed how much heloved and missed her. 

After all, this life might be the right one for him and he promisedhimself to sincerely give it a try.