chapter two

"I'm back", I said as I peeked from the doorway of the kitchen

In front of me, I was surprised to find all the cats having their eyes on the TV. Ni-ki pawed at the remotes where he perched on it. The screen turned alive and the furry black cat who is the nearest in the TV launched backwards, fur standing up.

I laugh and walked over to lower the volume before picking up Jay to calm him down, but the more I rubbed on his back, the more he seems to get tense.

"Ugh, what a way to start the morning to hear there's another person killed somewhere in this country", I said as I changed the channel.

The kittens watched me and the remote in my hand with curiousity while the white kitten is cautiously approaching Jay which is perched in front of my knees. Glancing down at them, I saw their confused expressions.

"What? Never seen a TV before?", I asked. They all shook their head in unison.

It's so weird that they can understand me in my human language. I've had a cat before, a stray one and she had never acted this way, as though every words of mine is not foreign to her.

Sighing, I went to Netflix and pressed for 'The Witcher Season 2'. Jake and Jay looked interested at the thumbnail of Geralt and Cirilla with the side profile of Yennifer in the back.

I clicked on the first episode and it started playing. Ni-ki started to hissed at the screen for some reason while the short-haired darling, Sunoo just stared at him, exasperation emitting from his fur.

Heeseung, the grey kitten then jumped into my lap and curled into a ball of fluff. I giggled and started to stroke him. I can't deny it, I went crazy over his softness as I even raised him up to my nose and nuzzle his tummy, the feeling of it so heavenly against my face.

As the first episode rolled by, I decided to make the little guys a snack. I made some small tuna sandwiches because 1. Ni-ki growled like a monster after I first offered the cat food, 2. they seemed happier to smell food fo4 human.

I put them all on a plate and set it down on the floor, where all the cats gathered. The turkish van I named Sunghoon pawed at it as if to make sure it was safe to eat and let Jungwon eat the first sandwich.

Grabbing my own sandwich from my own plate, I ate along with the rest of them as they started to approach their food. Two of them, Sunoo and Jake rubbed against my leg as the smaller one keeps meowing. I believe it was a way of saying thanks.

I smiled at them, "You're welcome. In fact, it's nice to have you all around. It's just me in this small house except for when some of my friends decided to -"

"I'm here!", someone yelled, the door bursting open.

All the kittens with the exception of me looked up at Liz's direction. She glanced at me then at the seven kittens now crowding against one another, but Jungwon fought through to stood before them - the smallest out of the furballs.