chapter twenty six

The whole meeting with the handsome recruiter had gone smoothly

The whole meeting with the handsome recruiter had gone smoothly. Although the girl didn't expect it to be that easy when she has imagined a long line of appliers for this job.

Wonyoung said it had been that way for her the first time. Thanks to her top tier visuals, the staff had noticed her right away as a potential model and she was killing it up until now.

She's excellent and dedicated to her job after all.

But what she doesn't understand is that Mr. Kim asked her to take the cat boys in his office for a while. She was hesitant to give in, to see them off without her seeing what does the man need from from them, and yet had no reason to say no.

Not when Sunoo came up to her with the most bright smile, "Trust us, Y/N, we can deal with this alone"

It wasn't enough at first. She was nervous about them being caught to their real existence until Heeseung also went up to her.

He even laid a comforting hand on his arm and all she could see in his eyes were the need to reassure her. No words was said between them. No utter of any promises.

It's all there in the air though and in the faces of the other cat boys watching them even to the youngest, Ni-ki.

For once, the grumpy boy is serious. He is staying strangely watchful of the young man waiting for them by the door of his office.

Kim Taehyun is also dressed fashionably, almost a model in Y/N's eyes and she could admit bravely how he is such a sight to behold. He nearly looks inhumanely, like a perfect sculpted statue from an insanely good artists of the past and the way his eyes and long lashes were like the highlight of his face took her breath away for a second.

She would be lying to herself if she didn't say this man is out of this world.

"Are you ready now to talk to me? Don't worry boys, I don't bite", he finally spoke from where he stood waiting.

For a long moment there, the two girls, Wonyoung and Y/N watched in confusion over the boys who suddenly were all too quiet, their shoulders tensing and they were not looking at them save for one another.

It seems to be a silent conversation for them and their group only.

"Boys, Mr. Kim is waiting here", Wonyoung reminded then, not having an idea to the turmoil in their heads.

At her reminder, Y/N caught Jungwon's eyes and her breath took a hitching pause in what she recognized as a glint of nerves from him. The kind of emotion she had never seen to him before.

Whether because of meeting more human or it was just the vibes the man is giving, she knew they were all affected.

She nodded to him as if to say a promise of not ever leaving them. She'll wait by the door and make sure they will be okay on her watch even if it's outside the office.