chapter thirteen

I should've known than to trust the cat boys out in my room to be left alone by themselves

I should've known than to trust the cat boys out in my room to be left alone by themselves. I knew most of them couldn't stop or won't want to and the worse, would even join the youngest in his own idea of fun.

For one thing, I was busy helping Minhee to make Jungwon comfortable in getting his measures since the cute boy seems hesitant in his company. I encouraged him my friend wouldn't harm him.

He gave me a smile, having studied Minhee as he sized up the length of his legs before we heard some raucous laughters in the living room. I didn't take heed of it, focus upon the cute face of Jungwon, which made me wonder how could he managed to be endearing and appealing at the same time."

"Done", I looked up to see Minhee who gave him a smile for being cooperating, "Thank you for staying still"

Jungwon paused slightly as if uncertained who he was talking about, "It's not a big deal, just be careful around the remaining idiots after me"

I waa ripped away from watching them interact by the sound of something exploding violently behind me. A startled scream left my mouth when the whole house is swallowed instantly by a thick blanket of grayish smoke.

When nothing did burn me for a while, I opened my eyes and peeked out of the doorway to my room. Seeing the boys were huddled in a circle in the middle of the room, I glared at their soot-covered faces who was too busy looking down in a burnt rag or should I say, the remaining pieces of my carpeting in the floor.

I let out a sigh and turned back to Jungwon and Minhee, only to see my friend eyeing my hair in shock, "Y/N, your hair is on fire!"

"What?", I shouted, only then registering the heat coming from the top of my head as the adrenaline from the original scare died away.

Calmly, Jungwon reached from something in his hand to extinguish the fire, but Sunoo beat me to it. With a flick of his hand, the flame evaporated from my head and the heat disappeared.

The smell of burning lingered in the air and I raised a hand to the top of my head to touch my hair. It has been burnt completely, leaving a bald spot in the top!

"Ni-ki, come here!", Jungwon called with a grimace, "What have you done?"

I rose from my seat beside Minhee who was too petrified to move as the smoke cleared in the air. Walking out of my room, I cast a glance to the tallest cat boy who had started this entire chaotic scene.

"I'm sorry, it was an accident!", Jake was quickly saying to my face.

Beside him, Ni-ki had the nerve to smile at me as if he wasn't aware of the trouble he had given my way.

The trip to the bathroom with Heeseung suggesting he could turn my bald spot into normal was short. He had murmured something strange as he rubbed a hand on my hair and in only a minute, did the burnt spot disappear, as if it didn't happened at all.