chapter twenty three

The rooftop house that Yujin acquired for us might be the best thing to happened to me this years

The rooftop house that Yujin acquired for us might be the best thing to happened to me this years. It's spacious, full of view of the whole city and there's a lot of more rooms for the cat boys to occupy.

And most of all, what I like the best about it, we're finally a lot from the radar of the other people, so I have less worries about them being discovered.

After all, it's the last thing I wanted for them. All I want is their safety, their comfort in this world.

I can't even imagine what's like for them to be thrown in a place so unfamiliar and that's why sometimes I have this urge to ask them how they feel about this.

To everything they're experiencing and feeling inside.

But that's a hard thing to do, especially if the moment we moved in to the new house, the first thing I got is trouble.

"Hey Ni-ki, Jungwon and Sunghoon, can you come here?", I yelled from the long table we set up outside with my laptop in hand, "I need to talk about something!"

I heard footsteps running down from the living room and then a loud thump to the door a few steps away from me. It seems like someone bumped their head into it, ouch. Turning around when it opens, I gasped to see Sunghoon's down to Ni-ki and Jungwon's feet, not moving.

That's why I keep telling them not to run around, the wooden floor inside can be slipper and could lead you into accidents like this.

Gasping, I ran over to the seemingly dead Sunghoon and picked him up, cradling his head in my lap as I crouched down the floor.

"Is this an accident or intentional?", I asked the two younger boys, who both pointed at each other.

I heard a pained moan from Sunghoon and looked down to see his tail pointing at the direction of none other than Ni-ki.

I glared at the accused one before placing down Sunghoon on the ground and walked over to the taller boy, who was smiling sheepishly, like he was saying this words, please don't hurt me, I'm too handsome to die!

"Apologize to him with a bow. It's a human custom in this country", I demanded then added, "If you don't want me to be mad and throw you off this rooftop"

He nodded quickly, but it was too much to imagine that a puff of grey smoke covered him and soon clearing out to reveal a bowing small kitten in front a glaring human Sunghoon.

He rolled his eyes and made a small, disapproving meow which led for Jungwon and I to exchange a look of being astonished to hear Sunghoon do it as a total human, not as a kitten.

It looks he was getting used to being a cat, he might forgot he's a human soon.

He looked down at Ni-ki and I swear I see a glint of something in his eyes.

"Where's the others by the way?", I asked to Jungwon, seeing the other four of them is missing in action.

He gave me his usual judgemental look, "You just noticed?"