chapter forty eight

The Masquerade Ball had finally arrived here to greet me

The Masquerade Ball had finally arrived here to greet me. But my mind is not into it as it was still focus on the kiss. I got kissed by a vampire and it happens to be the one I like.

He didn't even warn me before crashing his lips into mine. What should I do in our next meeting?

I didn't exactly meet him anywhere today when I woke up this morning. Lola said he's busy with the other boys about something the Headmaster had tasked them to do for him.

But the question, how am I supposed to act normal around them with these thoughts? What will Jay do once he see through it?

Moreover, I have to accompany Ni-ki as his muse for tonight. How will I possibly stay normal in his side? Don't these people have something better to do than share a party even though there's a known tension between all the factions.

I like meeting new people but at this moment, I'm feeling terribly nervous and scared. These were no people simple humans. Anyone I would see out there could be anything.

Whew.. I should try to calm down.

Breath in. Breath out. Calm down, Y/N. Calm down!

I heard a knock on the door. Lola entered with a big white box on her hands. I looked at it curiously as she placed it on the bed before me.

"The Headmaster wanted you to have this", she said with a bow to me.

She didn't even wait for me to ask what it contains. With that single sentence, she exited the room, leaving me speechless.

I opened the white box and there layed a beautiful necklace with pearls dripping down to pieces for your neckline, but it was strange to see the stones around it was ruby. Almost the same color of the ring I was seeing Jungwon wore these days.

The necklace was beautiful though I don't see the reason why do I have to wear it.

Should I wear it?

It was beautiful and kind of matched perfectly to the dress that was delivered to me earlier, so why not wear it? It's not like I have any other options. I also don't want to look out of place in the ball.

I scooped the necklace around my neck. Thank God Lola was returning to help me or she would've found me strangling myself with it. Maybe for being clueless.

Once I was done, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked fine and my hair looked great as she curled it a bit with one of her spells, while also putting some bead of sparkling stones to every wavy piece of my hair.

My dress was a long one, reaching down to my feet and the color is midnight blue with a cape around me which had a royal effect to it.

At last my mask was a silver coloured with a feather at the right end. Glancing at the mirror one last time, I exited the room with Lola left in there to clean my mess.