chapter forty

His head was aching and every muscles in his body is begging him to rest, and though he had fast healing capabilities, it wasn't working against whatever the werewolves had put in their nails at the fight in the menagerie

The shower after the moment of truth to Y/N actually worked and now at least his head isn't hurting that much but the headache didn't go completely either.

Maybe he need a glass of water. He changed himself into a white long sweater, one of the things he had managed to bring himself from the human world and exited his room.

He plans to get something to drink from the kitchen and quickly grabbed the mix of blood with something from the jar when he heard the Headmaster speak to Professor Min at the small room, the last one before the stairs to the attic.

"Miss. Y/N is very strong. I am sure she will survive the turn quicker than anyone"

Sunghoon turned to eavesdrop on them from his place.

"Yeah, I know. There's a reason why her energy as a human had been draining. It's making away for her vampire side, but I feel like she didn't want to be one"

This made him stop from drinking the potion that could've help with the headache.

He thought Y/N was a hybrid. Then what are these adults speaking? There was only one way to find out.

"What do you mean, Sir? Wasn't she supposed to be a hybrid like me?", he asked, ultimately ignoring the consequences as he opens the door to announce his arrival.

The Headmaster looked at Sunghoon, utterly shocked, "Yes, she is. But until she turns eighteen, we do not know what's more dominant. At least to you, you know that you favor your vampire side"

The mention of her age caught him off-guard, "How old is she again?", was all he could say.

"Seventeen is the exact age althought she thought of herself being eighteen for not remembering a lot from her past"

The questions multiplying in Sunghoon's head were making him crazy. Apart from his throbbing head, he had to clear his mind before it bursts.

"What would it mean for her now?", he finds himself speaking again, "She looks happy to be a human"

"But it would be more dangerous for her to stay alone there. Especially if she turns eighteen, she can never run away from her true identity, so we have to keep her here whether she likes it or not"

"I see", Sunghoon couldn't find words to say. What would he say in the first place to the higher one? So he just stood there silently.

Professor Min stared at him and up to his point, his stare was downright chilling, "It wasn't what we wanted but it's the only choice"

"And I kind of hate myself for me and my friends leading us here"

This caught the two men by surprise. They knew Sunghoon didn't actually mean that he hates himself. It was just around the fact he felt guilty for leading the girl into a dangerous life. But the way he said it, it had a different kind of emotion for the unknowing Y/N.