chapter nine

After somehow letting Minhee escape the presence of the cat boys, I was subjected to cook another set of food for them, seeing that Ni-ki was complaining about being hungry as hell and Jay immediately offered to help in cooking

It didn't help that Jake, somehow now deluded I like him just because I allow him to hug me, actively sought me out.

"I hope you enjoy the food..", I said dully, looking at the hastily made ramyun with spam, "It's an instant meal, so.."

"It's alright, but the soup is a little too salty for me..", Heeseung said with a straight expression.

"This is shit!", Ni-ki said, pushing on the bowl. Sunoo shook his head at him.

"You better be thankful I'm letting you eat here for free", I said with a deadly stare, "Plus, be grateful that I'm letting you stay here for free"

"Should I?", he asked, picking up his fork and began to dig in with a small smile, "I thought Jay hyung cooked it.. Sorry!"

"Wow, you really are something. Are you guys truly enjoying it?", I asked to the other boys.

I couldn't help but let my eyes wonder to their chest. Are they all so well built? Why is there no fur? I wondered as I stared at it in curiousity.

"Like what you see?", Jake asked, catching my stare. My face flushed a little as he and Sunghoon shared knowing smiles.

"N-no", I replied, looking away, "Are you enjoying the dinner?"

"Yes, it taste quite nice, but this chewy sticks", Jungwon replied, cutting another piece of hotdog.

I smiled at him and went over to pat his head, "Did I ever tell you how you were the cutest as a cat and now as a human?"

"Really?", he asked, his eyes seemingly had sparkles inside.

"Really", I said with a strained smile towards Sunoo who pouted and looked away.

Jay nodded though, and pinch on Jungwon's cheeks, "He really is the cutest in this world"

"I'm glad you didn't think I'm cute", Ni-ki said in his dead voice, staring me dead in the eye.

Shivering, I helped myself to some bread and taking a bite of the blueberry jam, I instantly bolted up when it got stuck down my throat.

I need water! I screamed in my mind as I became stiff as a board. Heeseung ran over to me, worried as I reached for my throat.

"Are you okay, Miss Y/N? Are you choking?", he panicked. I nodded while pointing to a glass of water before me in the table.

He handed it to me and I smiled at him gently after I was done drinking, "Thank you.. It was just the bread stuck down my throat"

He sighed in relief, "How come you're so worried about me?", I asked then.

"You've been taking care of us by providing us shelter and food, so in exchange for it, I will gladly help you to anything", he explained.