chapter twenty

This isn't what I had in mind in this morning

This isn't what I had in mind in this morning. Yujin stayed by a reasoning of not letting me be alone with the cat boys and now she's in the middle of the living room, asking each of them about their lives.

They were all looking up to her like a real pack of kittens from the floor and God knows how silly it looks when some of them is taller than her like Ni-ki and Heeseung.

All of them were talking except for the other one here in my side who was very demanding in his need to help me.

"What? No, I don't think so", I said to Jay who was staring at a pouch of chocolate.

"It looks interesting or the same as what we have so make it. We'll make it together", he said firmly.

I sighed, not wanting to make something sweet for today and focus on the spicy food I'm planning to cook with Yujin.

"Look", I started, glaring a little at him, "There's plenty of food that Yujin bought for us. We could make it in the afternoon"

He pouted and I swear I have to groan as the petty boy went into his form of a black kitten. They were really using my weakness to me from time to time.

Which was the perfect form of cuteness in the world. Kittens.

On top of that, Jay had wake me up ahead of the others, so he could just ask about how to use the stove and explained how it works to him. He shared about how in their world they enchanted one spell just to put on a fire, one that I reminded him not to use in this small apartment or they'd make my life hell.

Everyone else is fast asleep earlier, not until Yujin called for their attention. She said it was a way to make sure none of them would be a danger to me.

I pondered at the thought, would they hurt me?

I exhaled, realizing I was holding my breath and headed back in front of the stove to cook a breakfast.

"Good morning, Miss Y/N", and here we have one of the flirtiest cat boy I'd meet.

Groaning, I whirled my head to give a greeting on the smiling Jake, his ears twitching and his tail swishing from side to side with a joyous expression.

It felt odd to be thinking he resembles more of a golden retriever than a chaotic ginger cat.

"Good morning flirt one", I grumbled, remembering what happened last night.

He was supposed to join the others in sleeping at the living room in the cat beds, but the boy sneakily crawled up to my bed and I woke up to Yujin who was throwing him out the door in his kitten form before locking the door.

It was funny, honestly. To see him being scruffed at his neck like a poor kitten knew he wouldn't have it his way.

I eyed the rest of the cat boys, seeing they all have their attention to me now after Jay jumped into Jungwon's lap - still a human while the former is still a cat - except for Ni-ki who was fast asleep against Heeseung's shoulder.