chapter twenty eight

For someone who had never travelled out of their academy since his blood was tested, even the idea of travelling out in this human place brought with it all sorts of delightful prospects

There would be so much to see, so many things to experience, but this was above all else, it's an adventure. Who would've thought the guarded little cousin of the Headmaster is out now of his academy's protected wards?

In honet truth, Sunoo had no idea what to expect when they first met Y/N. But he certainly hadn't expected for one of his remaining family to say she's a part of their shadowy world.

And yet here he was, awaking in the room he shared to the other younger boys, and for him to walk out into the wondrous night sky and striking dark clouds.

He wanted nothing more than to run again out in the woods, bare feet with the wind on his hair and the trees blurring in his vision.

He wanted nothing more than to levitate in the air again and see the whole world is for him to take.

A gentle knock on the long bench he was sitting at brought hin from his musings. Turning away from the view he was gazing out of, Sunoo looked up to Y/N who hesitated to disturb him at first. Her body was partially turned as if waiting for the moment to turn and enter back in their house.

"I hope I didn't intrude in your musings", She cleared her throat awkwardly, "I just wanted to make sure to see if you're okay"

"You didn't", he assured her with a smile.

Before he could say anything more, she was retreating with a soft, "I should go"

For a moment longer, Sunoo lingered in his seat, watching as she retreated. When Y/N was out of sight, he stood up from his perch and started to get ready to follow her inside, perhaps to her bedroom for old time's sake from her old dorm small room.

His steps slowed when the open doorway came into view. There was an unsettling settle waiting for him in there.

Surprised, his feet came into a still, and Sunoo's eyes lingered on the kitten form lying on one of the pillows, small with grey stripes all over his body. It's the last cat boy he expected to see there alone with Y/N.

The girl was leaned over, head bent towards the absentminded baby cat staring up at her. Ni-ki, one he was trying to ask about how his opinion about Y/N, appeared to be rolling down the pillow, which earns an affectionate smile from the girl.

She seems to be so delighted to play with the kitten form of the most grumpy.

Struggling to hide his affectionate smile, Sunoo cleared his throat, alerting them both to his presence. After realizing they weren't alone anymore, Ni-ki rushed back to an unusual place, in the big pocket of the girl's hoodie.

It seemes like Sunoo had interrupted a moment that Ni-ki doesn't want him to see.

"I'm sorry", he apologized as he sat at the end of the bed, "I really should've not went here"