chapter fifteen

I was doing just fine before I met Minhee, there's not much traffic in the streets and luckily I wasn't seen by any of our co-workers lest they started to make up things in their own creative minds

I felt myself faltering a bit at every sight of a cat in the road, having this weird urge to look in my back as I walk, as though I can imagine those cat boys in my house would tail me, but why would they?

They didn't know this city very well and as far as I know, they'd never been here, so I was being far too paranoid they might appear out of nowhere even if they could for having a talent for some magic tricks.

Looking up at the sign or the place Minhee told me to go, I nearly busted out from seeing it was a dog cafe or the ones slowly being a trendy places for anyone wanting to past times besides a group of cute, softy and energetic dogs.

When I walked in, the first sight I saw is a pug dressed in a pig costume and he bumped into my legs. It was relatively quiet inside except for the usual barks of puppies against their own mates and yes, even to their own reflection from the mirrors.

"Y/N, over here!", I heard someone softly called to me. I walked to Minhee, who had a coffee in front of him and a pomeranian puppy in his lap whose color reminded me of cheese.

"Sorry, I'm a little late. You know with the kitty problems", I said with a smile.

He nodded, understanding what I'm saying.

"Yeah, well, meet Cheese, and she is the favorite in this shop", he replied, taking a sip of his coffee and setting Cheese in front of me.

I laughed a little at the sight of her costume. Cheese, of course and I loved the way she happily received my caress to her fur while she closed her eyes in what seems to be an expression of affection.

One waitress came to our table and smiled at me, "May I get something for you, Ma'am?"

"I'll have french vanilla latte and a slice of chocolate mousse", I replied with a pleasant smile.

She looked over at Minhee, "I'm fine, I'll just pay for her order", he said before giving his card to her.

She nodded and left us alone in the table as another set of customers entered the shop.

"So how are they.. I mean, the cat boys?", Minhee asked, paling at the thought, "Do they treat you well?"

I was a bit off-guard by the kind of question he threw, but I quickly recovered and said, "Of course, more than well, actually and they're helping me with some of the chores in the house. I just have to remind them not to touch some of the appliances"

Minhee sighed in relief. I can tell from his experience with them that he's simply worried about me, but there's no need and if they will hear it, I'm sure they would be offended as hell.

I can't even imagine what would they do to him next time if they found out what he thinks of them.

"Okay, good to know. Just a bit weirded out they're nice to you, but not to me", he laughed. My expression darkened slightly to hear it was fake.