chapter forty one

What to do? What to do? What should a girl do if she were suddenly pulled into an unexpected meeting with a person who literally shattered her world by saying he's her brother?

It doesn't help that I find it overwhelming he didn't aged up when the last time I meet him, I'm small as the reach of his knees and he have to carry me around like his baby back then. Also I remember crying to him and reaching out to him to keep me after he had given me to a foster parents.

For a week, before he had given me away, we stayed in a rest house in the outskirts of the city. We spend each day together, playing and getting to know each other with me loving him for taking me in, but there were things, far too strange things, which made me rub a hand on my temple right now.

Him being in front of me right now explains the reason why he never likes to play out in the sun. He's one of them.

One of the preternaturals who will die at the long exposure in the sun.

What made me more back out, however, is him offering his hand to me, as if asking me to go with him.

Whilst the vampires surrounding me in all sides were moving slowly to keep a wall around me and to the very back of my mind, I could hear Jay muttering about how I shouldn't accept the invitation from the werewolves.

To make it more tensional, Heeseung and Sunghoon both stood at either side of me with Ni-ki making a move to get before my figure like some sort of an unbreakable wall. For some reason, Jungwon is gone while Sunoo stood behind me with Jay who was pressing two fingers against his temple.

The only one away from my five vampires of a wall is Jake. He flashed in front of the secret wall that could lead us in our rooms for safety.

Taki suddenly sees me looking confused and his laughter was out of place in the middle of a growing tension.

As for K, he put his hands up as if to tell the boys he means no harm and Heeseung seems to relax a little bit. Noticing the others were still slightly on edge, I slowly tried to place myself in the front, so I can speak for myself.

And so when I took a single move, Jay's voice is immediately shouting to me in my head, "Take one step closer and we're all dead!"

I narrow my eyes on our visitor then out of curiousity, studying Khan's familiar figure. However, I see no reason to be cautious of him yet, not when he's smiling at all of us like we're some old friends of his.

Is this one really my brother? He's so damn gorgeous to be a threat for me.

"Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I probably wouldn't deny me of my sister right now", he say, motioning for the boys to part from me.

That's when I felt another presence in the room, only for it to be Jungwon who appeared back next to Jay as if nothing had happened but by the smile alone in his face, I knew he had done something by now.