chapter thirty nine

The darkness invades my brain once more, my thoughts numbed by oblivion

The darkness invades my brain once more, my thoughts numbed by oblivion. I recollect any memory before I was knocked out, nothing but the rain, magical creatures and Jay's screams ringing through my mind.

Everything inside me feels weak. My head aches, like someone had thrown my skull against a wall. The ache in my head soon fades but is then replaced by a burning sensation on on my left wrist.

I haven't found the courage to open my eyes, instead using my hearing to eavesdrop on mumbling coming from a distance. My mind is still foggy, my body is still weak.

I force myself to concentrate harder, opening my mind to the scene around me. I listen closely to the voice, only making out a few words. I can tell by their familiar voices that it was the cat boys.

"A masquerade ball, what?"

"Do we have to really go there?"

"Well, for one thing, Star One is coming to perform and they'll be our distraction"

"What about Y/N? Will she come?"

"Her uniform is done. We just measured her in her sleep"

"Like you know people do to the dead ones to know the exact size of their coffin"

"Be serious for once, Ni-ki!"

Having enough of eavesdropping, I decided now is the perfect time to interrupt. I open my eyes and clear my throat, gathering their attention.

As they all turned to me, I recognized they were all in their Decelis uniform. Seeing them here now in that must've mean another day has passed and I have no idea what did I forget this time.

"Morning boys. Sorry to interrupt", I look at the burnt mark in my left hand to see it has a certain shape, "But I kinda have to cut where Ni-ki sounds like he's prepared to buy me a coffin", I smile at my statement, proud of myself.

Ni-ki approaches me with a mocking smile, "Well, well, the sleeping beauty has awakened", He narrows his eyes amusingly at me.

"I would've thought you'd be more glad to see me", I say with a pout, still not entirely sure what's going on.

I had no idea after I heard the warning from Jay in day of the meeting with the unicorn. It suddenly occurs to me how strange it was for me to not remember.

Jake, who stood up from the sofa, cocking his head to the side like he's examining what to do with me, "Do you know what time is it?", he questions, his analytical eyes studying me.

"I don't know. For me to eat breakfast?", I answered amusingly.

He looks to the others for help, obviously not seeming very amused. As I look at the ones who sat in the sofa, my eyes found Suno who looked innocent and harmless as he eat what looks like an ice cream settled on top of his lap.