In Love Again

Kate stands by me helping me rinse off the blood on my hands. While I hiss in pain and tense up she runs her hands along my arm soothing me.

"Hows this?" She puts a hot rag onto my hand.

"Its, nice." I look up making eye contact. We both quickly look away at literally anything else.

"Um, wanna get back to the party?" She asks taking the rag off putting one last band aid on my hand.

"Actually Im probably gonna go for a walk." I chuckle a bit. She nods and starts walking out. I shut my eyes tightly thinking. Ask her y/n. "Um, would you like to come with me?" I turning around to look at her.

"Yeah, that'd be nice. Just let me get my coat." She smiles at me, making the butterflies come back into my stomach. She walks out of my room.

"Focus y/n. Cmon," I lightly slap myself in the mirror. I rush out of my bathroom grabbing my jacket.

We both slip out of the party going unnoticed, it was about 9pm. So we were walking the streets kinda late. But who gives a shit? Were avengers. We decide to go to this coffee shop down the road. It was a nice night the moon was out, and Kate looked beautiful with the moonlight shining on her. Really really pretty.

"Staring's weird stark." She tells me looking down the street.

"I wasnt- i wasnt staring." I lie.

"Whatever you say." She smiles at me before looking away.

"You okay?" I ask considering what just happened.

"Yeah just a little paranoid, you know?" She looks straight up staring into my eyes.

"Yeah, but dont worry. I'll protect." I look at her eyes, which meet mine.

"Really?" She raises her eyebrows. I swore there was a spark or something.

"Mhm." I nod. We break eye contact giggling. "..hey, I wanted to say sorry about what happened with me and Jenna, I was being really stupid." I apologize. We arrive at the coffee shop and stand in front of it.

"No, its okay. I was really overreacting." She dismisses.

"So, were..cool?" I laugh.

"I guess you could say that." She smiles. We walk into the coffee store getting some cookies to go. Once I pay we leave walking back.

"Can I be honest for a sec?" I look at her eating her cookie, which looks adorable.

"Mhm." She replies with chocolate stains on her cheek.

"I um- I miss you." I tell her. Making her giggle.

"Is y/n stark going soft?!" She gasps.

"What- no!" I try not to laugh, which fails.

"But, I missed you too." We bump shoulders.

"And were here." We look up at the tower.

"Time to party?" Kate raises her eyebrows.

"I guess.." I sigh.

-

"Where have you been?!" Yelena shouts over the music.

"Fucking your mom!" I shout back laughing, she rolls her eyes. She pulls my hand to the dance floor which America, and Peter were dancing.

"I do not feel ok." Clint barges next to us lightly dancing.

"Where are you kids?" Peter asks.

"Tits? I dont have tits!" Clint shouts back. We all roll are eyes shaking our head. At the corner of my eye I see Kate, seating all alone. Even though she is my ex, I just couldnt see her like this.