5 Back at the Bar Part 1 In Love

POV: Joe

"How was your date?" Destiny asked. It was the day after, and the ladies were rolling silverware and getting ready for their evening shifts.

"It was wonderful," Julie answered practically glowing. "The setting was very romantic. We had an incredible view of the lake. The lights were low. The waiters were dressed better than we were, very fancy. The food was great, the best filet I've ever had. It melted in my mouth. The bottle of wine he got cost more than I have ever spent on an entire meal."

Destiny grinned and interrupted, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, but what about John?"

Julie smiled. "John was funny, open, and kind."

I would not normally butt in on such conversations, but my curiosity regarding the mysterious stranger had the better of me. "Did you find out anything?"

"Joe, you mean did I find out anything besides the meaning of life, the universe and everything?" She asked unable to control her joy.

"Yeah, I was thinking you might have found out a little bit more about Mr. Galt and what he was up to." I had the feeling I was wasting my breath.

"I can tell you his name really is John Galt."

"Did he say anything about what he was working on?"

"That didn't really come up," she said with a look of incredulity that I would ask what was to her such an irrelevant question.

"Forget it, Joe. She's in love," Destiny explained.

Great. If this guy turned out to be no good, I was going to be stuck with a heartbroken employee and all the problems that entails. The fact that Kirby was investigating him did not bode well. I needed to talk with Pixie.