16 You Can't Always Get What You Want Part 3 You Get What You Need

POV: Roger(still me.)

I waited in my car in the parking lot until he came out of the grocery. He got in his car with a couple of sacks and headed back to the cabin. I followed him arriving at the cabin right behind him.

Needless to say, he was a bit upset when he saw me. "What the hell are you doing here?" he shouted. It was loud enough to bring one of his buddies to the door.

"I'm sorry, Bro. You left your jacket at the bar. I tried to catch you as you left the grocery, but you got away too quick; so, I followed you here."

"That's not my jacket!" He was still clearly pissed.

"Huh?" I looked at the jacket puzzled. "I wonder whose jacket I just stole?"

"Who is your friend, George?" the dude in the doorway asked not the least bit friendly.

"Hey guys. Sorry if I'm disturbing anything, but I just wanted to thank George for helping me out at the bar with that FBI agent." I went to my car and pulled out a box. "Here's a special batch of brownies for you. I guarantee they are like no brownies you've ever had before." I handed the box to George.

The guy at the door yelled at George, "FBI agent! What FBI agent?"

George took the box and said, "Wait here. I have to explain things to my friends inside."

I nodded, "Okay, and whatever you guys are up to, you know it's okay by me."

George went inside and was there for a considerable amount of time. I suspect he was trying to convince his friends not to shoot me.

The guy in charge came out of the house and he was holding a gun. This was the moment of truth.

"So, you're with the Alexandroffs?" Not friendly but at least he was talking and not shooting.

"Sometimes," I answered. "I'm what you'd call freelance- not really tied to just one gang, but yeah, I've worked for them."

"Working for anyone now?"

"Just myself," I answered.

"We might can use an extra hand. Are you interested?"

"Maybe."

"Come in, let's chat."