10 Back to the Bar for Cloaks and Laggards Part 2 Missing Persons

Before we could sort out the significance of the Russians, Destiny asks me, "By the way, have you seen Julie? She was here at the start of shift and then I lost track of her shortly after our Ukrainian and Russian guests arrived. I assumed she was in the ladies' room, but it's been a while."  

"She didn't say anything to me about not feeling well or needing to leave early," I said and headed back to look in the kitchen while Destiny checked the restrooms. Julie was nowhere in sight.  

Destiny approached me saying, "She was still pretty upset about John. You don't think she has gone looking for him on her own, do you? Maybe she tried to follow Lupin when he took Pixie to meet John? By the way, shouldn't Pixie be back by now?"

Our worrying was interrupted as three of our regulars came in and sat at a table halfway between the two Russian groups. The arrivals were Ginger, Hans, and Gretel. Today Ginger was in her police uniform which was unusual because all three of them are normally undercover. We know this because we first met them on an assignment that actually involved several of our group.

As our police friends sat down the Ukrainians and Russians both signaled Destiny to bring their bills. Coincidence? Perhaps. But I suspect Ginger's uniform may have spooked them.

While Destiny was getting the Russian's bills, I went over to greet our three friends.

"So, what are you three up to or dare I ask?" I handed them menus.

"The usual." Ginger snapped.

"Don't mind her." Hans explained. "That human trafficking ring has started up again and the brass won't let her go undercover this time so it's just Gretel and I who will be resuming our attempts to trap the scum."

"So, have some more girls gone missing?" I asked.

"Several from right around here," Hans answered. "So, what is new with you guys?"

"Actually, two of our girls seem to be missing, but I doubt it is related," I joked, but all three of them took it very seriously and made me explain. I assured them the girls would probably show up shortly. Still, they made me promise to keep them posted and they promised to be on the lookout for both Pixie and Julie.

After the Russians and Ukrainians leave, Destiny shows me the name on the Ukrainians credit card slip. The last name is Alexandroff. I explained to Destiny that was the name of the family Pixie and Agent Lee had talked about avoiding and especially keeping Julie away from them.