Epilog Part 3 Sympathy for the devil.

POV: Patent Fink

So, I guess I'm the villain in all this. Word came to me that that nosy Pixie wanted to know what happened to me and I figured why not? How often do villains get to tell their side of the story? So, I jotted this down and mailed it to her. As you will soon realize, circumstances sort of prevent me from telling her in person. You can thank her for this bonus epilog. Send your thanks or complaints via @Donnaf1828.  

In my defense, I did not choose to be a villain.  

Was it nature or nurture that led to my villainy? I would argue it was neither. They should definitely add "name" to that alliteration for it was my name that shaped my destiny. You can imagine the teasing I experienced as a child as a result of my unique name. All the name calling I endured along with my small size definitely led to my seeking a career in law enforcement. It was definitely the second-best day of my life when I graduated from the academy at Quantico. I remember thinking no one would be making fun of FBI Agent Fink.

Unfortunately, a career in law enforcement was not as rewarding as I had hoped. The monetary rewards fell well short of my desires. I suspect it is the reward that some get from doing good that sustains most agents but that was not good enough for me. When I got the chance for more of a financial reward, I took it.  

And that's how all this started. You know the story up to when the Nevada anti human trafficking task force raided the Zephyrs' cabin. The fact I was also a bound hostage, meant my role in all this never occurred to them. I simply showed them my credentials and I was on my merry way.

 One of the patrons of Joe's bar gave me a ride back to the bar where my car was still parked.

It was Cheryl who gave me the ride. She asked me why I hadn't told anyone about the software she had given me. Cheryl was the type of person it was hard to lie to and besides that undercover cop I was imprisoned with would be revealing my role shortly anyway; so, I told her the truth. She asked me what I planned to do now? Honestly, I had no idea. Then an idea came to me. Cheryl was a nice-looking girl with a sweet personality. The kind of girl who were the only ones who didn't make fun of me or bully me when I was a kid.  

So, I asked her, "What would you think of spending the rest of your life basking in luxury on the beaches of Rio de Janeiro?  

I had several million dollars in bit coin that the Russians had paid me for the preliminary software, and I figured Cheryl was entitled to half of it. Cheryl went on a date with Mike to divert attention away from her and she and I left for Brazil the next day. Mike did not get his happy ending, but Cheryl and I did. Cheryl just finished rubbing suntan lotion on my back as I just finished writing this. By the way Quantico was the second-best day of my life because today is the best. I'll get this in the mail tomorrow. Enjoy this final twist because right now I want everyone to be as happy as I am.  

P.S. For those who don't read the comments, we actually ended up in Morocco to avoid extradition and I hear Mike and Pixie got together; so, everyone got their happily ever after after all.

Except for Zane, I mean a human trafficker does not deserve a happy ending. He actually ended up in an insane asylum. They say he just sits in a corner and can be heard mumbling, "Who the frack is John Galt?"

The end.

Meet At Joe'sOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara