13 Back to the Russian Hideout

POV:Gretel

So, Boris the guy in charge of the Russians acts tough, but he gets no more out of me than they did. Apparently, his thugs were more successful in their mission. I could hear them bringing someone inside. I was pretty sure this guy was not John. Destiny had told me a little about John when she told me about what these guys were up to. This guy looked nothing like the guy she described.

"What the hell?" The guy in charge says clearly surprised. He seems to know the new captive. "So, you are John Galt?" Before their captive can respond, in charge guy orders his two thugs, "gag him and tie him up in the other room. I want to figure all this out before I talk to him. Gag her too but leave her in here. I don't want them talking to each other until I figure this out."

The thugs did as they were told and then approached their leader. "What's going on Boris? You acted like you knew this guy."

They all set down at the table across the room from where I was tied up. The boss spoke, "I do know him, at least sort of. He is the guy who sold us the original malware. He didn't give us his name and he claimed the malware was developed by someone else. He said John Galt had a group that developed it. This guy said he had gotten it from someone in that group." The boss leaned back in his chair and stroked his chin. "Now, I'm thinking he made all that up so we wouldn't come after him and that he was John Galt all along."

The thinner thug says, "that makes sense, boss. Now that we have him and know that he is John Galt, won't it be easier to get the final version of the malware from him?"

"Perhaps. You guys need to go back to that bar and find out if that group that he talked about really exists. If they do, find out all you can about them. See if you can learn how close they are to a final product and find out what they can tell us about John Galt.

Let's keep Mr. Galt on ice for now. It will give me some time to consider our next move. Feed them and give them a bathroom break, but don't tell them anything and definitely don't let them talk to each other. I don't want them cooking up any escape plans."

Thank God, they gave me a bathroom break. They untied my hands and gave me privacy in the bathroom. The window was barely more than a vent. Way too small to crawl through. At least now I knew who gave the Russians the malware. I just didn't know how he got it. I also didn't know who he really is. At least, he didn't know who I was and what I knew.