15 I Think We're Alone Now Part l Children Behave

POV: Pixie

I probably could have called, but Chuck and I have spent so much time working with the NSA that we are a bit paranoid about using cell phones. Besides, I wanted to see Chuck and Rogue anyway and their new home was not that far.

Chuck met me at his door saying, "I've been expecting you. Bet I know who you're looking for."

He was interrupted as Victoria ran up to give me a hug shouting, "Aunt Pixie, I knew you'd come.".

I returned her hug and scolded her, "You should have let me know."

"I know, but I was afraid to go back there, and I know how you all feel about cell phones. I knew you'd figure out I had come here."

Rogue came over and hugged me. "Hey, Pixie. We were so glad that job of agent Lee's got you working at the same place as Victoria. I feel so much better with you there to look after her."

"Actually, Rogue, I may have been the reason the Alexandroffs showed up at Joe's. The important thing is she is safe now."

We all took seats in their living room, and I began to fill them in on the latest developments including the Russian gang that was after John and how Destiny had convinced the Russians an undercover cop was John's girlfriend, and that an FBI agent was John. Also, that the Alexanderoffs had kidnapped another undercover cop thinking he was Victoria's boyfriend.

While everyone was laughing at the comedy of errors Destiny had engineered, my cell phone began ringing. I had forgotten to turn it off and it was just as well because it was Joe. It gave me a chance to tell him I'd found Julie and she was safe. He was calling to tell me John had gotten away from Lupin. "Crap!" was all I could say.

"What's the matter Aunt Pixie?"

I hesitated, but I had to tell her. "John has gone looking for you."

"Won't that put him in danger of being captured by the FBI or even those Russians?" She waited for me to respond. When I just shrugged, she continued, "I have to go find him!"

"No, you don't!" I told her emphatically.

"Honestly, dear you need to lay low until we get the Alexandroffs out of the picture," Rogue tried to calm things down. "Pixie, why don't you spend the night here too. We can sleep on it tonight and figure out our next step tomorrow."

Unfortunately, young women Victoria's age, are not known for waiting. Why can't children behave?