23 That's Life Part 6 Back on Top, Back on Top in June

POV: 3rd person omniscient (Take it away, Frank)

Pixie shoved her way through the door and waved for the crowd behind her to follow. And they did.

"Hey, look brownies!" Freddy one of Joe's regulars shouted as he walked over and snatched the box of brownies out of George's hands and began passing them around. Fortunately, George had eaten enough brownies he was in a very sharing mood.

The room was completely packed now. It was so crowded, the people standing couldn't even see the captives that were tied to chairs. While all the bad guys were completely distracted by the crowd and the brownies, John and Lupin crossed the open space to the cabin.

Roger spotted John and Lupin out a back window of the cabin. As the room filled up with strangers, Roger snuck over to the back door and let them in. The three of them using the crowd as cover freed Julie and smuggled her out the back door. They quickly ran back to the woods well away from the confusion that was about to ensue.

Meanwhile, both Gretel and Ginger decided it was time to press their panic buttons and within minutes a large contingent of the Nevada anti human trafficking task force showed up. It was one of the most successful busts ever made. Also, one of the easiest because in the midst of all the confusion the three gangs were uncertain how to resist. The henchmen were high on brownies, Alexi and Boris couldn't believe they'd picked such an inopportune time to visit the Zephyrs. Zane was still trying to figure out, "who is John Galt."

The hardest job for the task force was finding a place to park and sorting out the cops from the criminals from the bystanders. Gretel, Ginger and Hans identified all those guilty of abducting people against their will which included not only the Zephyr gang, but also the Badnoffs and Alexandroffs. John and Julie wouldn't be bothered by either gang for a long time.

" Well folks, That's life

That's what all the people say

You're riding high in April, shot down in May

But I know I'm gonna change that tune

When I'm back on top, back on top in June

I said that's life

And as funny as it may seem

Some people get their kicks

Stomping on a dream

But I don't let it, let it get me down

Cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around." 

Songwriters: Gordon Kelly L, Thompson Dean K. For non-commercial use only.

(pov:Lupin "shut up Frank.")