9 More FBI More Complications Part 1 Agent Lee

POV: Joe

The well-dressed and well-groomed Asian man seemed a bit upset as he approached the bar's counter where Pixie was topping off an IPA at the taps.

"What the hell, Pixie?"

"I'm glad to see you too, Agent Lee," Pixie smiled.

The agent was clearly intending to scold her but couldn't help but return her smile. Taking a seat at the bar, he confronted Pixie saying, "I asked you to keep Galt here until my agent could get here and the next thing that I know, my agent is a complete basket case and Galt is nowhere to be found."

"What can I say?" Pixie explained. "Crap happens." She then attempted to distract Agent Lee by making introductions. "Joe, this is Agent Lee. Agent Lee, this is Joe. He owns the place."

Agent Lee shook Joe's hand and said, "I want to thank you for helping us with this investigation. I hope it hasn't been an inconvenience."

This agent was certainly more polite than Fink. "No inconvenience," I assured him. "But I have to confess that we all have developed a liking for John, and it is hard to imagine he is engaged in any criminal activity.

"I'm sure he is very likeable, but it appears he is what we call a hacktivist, a computer hacker whose activity is aimed at promoting a social or political cause. And although he may have the best of intentions, it is still criminal."

"But it is not criminal if he hasn't deployed his software yet, is it?" I asked.

"It would not be, but someone has deployed it and at this point, Galt is our prime suspect," Agent Lee's expression and voice had taken on a more serious official FBI tone which I had no interest in confronting. Since I clearly had no more to say, he turned to Pixie and asked, "Pixie, do you know where he is?"

"I have no idea," she responded.

"Why don't I believe you?" Agent Lee cocked his head.

"Because you are an overly suspicious person?" Pixie suggested.

Agent Lee sighed and decided to try reason. "You know he can't hide forever."

"Maybe he won't have to."

"How do you figure?"

"I figure he only has to hide out until we find out who really leaked that software to the Russians."

"You know, we aren't really sure it's the Russians. It might just be a Russian mob in the U.S. In fact, we have some new intel that your old friends the Alexandroffs with the Ukrainian mob may be involved."

"God no!" Pixie was clearly worried about something I was not privy to. "You know we can't get involved with them?"

"I realize that. Just tell me where Galt is, and we will end your involvement in this."

"It is not that simple," Pixie sighed then explained, "Julie has become emotionally involved with John. She won't walk away from him. If the Alexandroffs are involved, they might use John to get to her."

Now I was thoroughly confused. Apparently, there was some connection between Julie and the Alexandroffs.

Agent Lee nodded sympathetically. "I understand. But you agree that finding the leak will lead us to the connection to the Alexandroffs. And bringing in Galt is our best hope for finding that leak."

"I agree we need to find the leak, but I think we can do that and leave John on ice for now."

"You have a plan?"

"I might," she smiled.