11 Abductions Part 6 Back at the Bar

POV: Destiny

Oh God no. It is those Russians again. "Welcome back gentlemen. Would you like a table or do you want to sit at the bar?"

"Table is good." The stockier one grunted.

I seat them and get them menus. Then the thinner one, trying to be charming and clearly not use to it, says, "dear lady, you remember before when we were asking about Mr. John Galt? Could you tell us if he has been in yet?"

"No, I am afraid I haven't seen him."

"Would you mind telling us what he looks like so we can keep an eye out for him?"

At that moment, two things happened. I realized the Russians didn't know what John looked like and Agent Fink came through the door. How convenient. Sometimes I just can't help myself. "I believe that is him coming in right now. Let me go seat him. Do you want me to tell him you're looking for him?" I figured they probably wouldn't.

"No, please don't we would like to surprise him later," the Russian quickly explained. I didn't doubt that at all. I nodded and went to seat Fink at the bar.

"Agent Fink, what brings you here this afternoon?"

"I'm looking for either Joe or Pixie."

"I'm sorry, but neither of them is here today. This is Joe's day off. It is just Miri and I today. Can I help you?"

"Not unless you can fill me in on the plan they are cooking up with John." I could tell Fink was angry about being kept in the dark about their plan.

Oh, this was just too good! I leaned in close and whispered, "Actually, I think I can. They were supposed to tell you, but they didn't know you were coming in today." I gave him a few seconds to digest this. Then continued, "See those two Russian at that table over there? We believe they are the ones behind everything. They are looking for John Galt, but they have no idea what he looks like. The plan was to have someone they haven't already met here go undercover and pretend to be John and get them to tell what they know. Joe was thinking you'd be the perfect person to do that."

"I don't know," He seemed to be struggling with the idea. "I guess better me than someone else."

"If you want, I can tell them you're John Galt?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

The Russians ordered beers. So did Fink. Eventually they all left, and your guess is as good as mine as to what happened next. Yeah, you guessed it. The Russians abducted Fink.