Chapter 02: Our First Encounter

An arrogant voice came from behind the men, when out stepped a dashing and deadly gorgeous tall man. He wore a three piece black tuxedo, except he had his blazer in his hand.

It was no one, other than the most dangerous mafia, Tristen Killings.

The car door slammed shut as Tristen walked up front towards Lavender. "She was roaming on the street despite our warning, sir." The man said.

Tristen slapped the person hard; so hard that he fell on the ground. "How does that feel?" He scolded. "I strictly commanded you to not grab attention. We need everything to be confidential; even our departure. Why do you make it so obvious?"

He spun around and saw Lavender laying on the dirty ground, scared, and her face roughly and deeply scratched by the sharp uneven pebbles on the road. She had never been this scared in her life after the car incident. At least, she didn't injure her body back then and had left only with a mental scar.

This time, she might leave with a physical scar; if she was able to leave at all.

He walked towards her with charm and glamour, as if he were a prince, or someone with the social label of being important. Kneeling on his knee, Tristen took Lavender's hand into his before rubbing the dirt off it.

"Your name?" He asked, staring into her eyes sensually, yet in a deadly manner. "L-lavender..." She managed to squeak. She never felt such a rush inside of her that made her cheeks burn so bad.

"Last name?" He asked in a commanding voice.

"Hills. Lavender Hills." She almost teared up. She did not expect to go back home with another trauma which would prevent her from coming to Bilsburg again.

At the same moment, she realized that she wasn't wearing her face mask. Why so? She had forgetten it at her parents' house when she kept it aside with the groceries on the table. And her mother being a mother, must've tossed it off on the dirty pile of laundry.

"I suppose you aren't a resident here." The corners of his lips curled up in a way which made Lavender feel her tummy twisting. She was having butterflies flutter in her stomach while her heart raced a hundred miles per hour. She didn't dare pull her hand back.

"I-I'm not." She gulped hard. It wasn't really necesary to tell him that this was her hometown, since she wanted to just get out of the situation. He nodded his head, observing her facial features carefully.

"These scratches don't compliment your face." He clicked his tongue, brushing the dirt off her face and wounds. "Your dress is torn." He added, pointing at her shoulder. He placed his blazer around her shoulder, covering up her naked skin.

"C-can I please go?" She lowered her eyes submissively with her hand still in Tristen's.

He could only scoff, look at his gunsmen in amusment. "Where do you live?" He asked, helping her sit upright.

He never let go of her hand.

"J-Janesville." She said, with her hand now trembling in his. "Amusing." He smirked. "Since you didn't know, let me tell you myself. You do not roam in the streets after there's a warning given. If you didn't hear it, just hide when you see no one." He pulled her up on her feet.

"The streets are empty for a reason, love." He said darkly. "I hope your hand is well. If not, I will compensate." Tristen spun on his heels to walk back to the car. "Where can I find you, in that case?" Lavender asked courageously. She did not know if it was an adrenaline rush, or just some stupid impulsive move.

It made him stop dead in his tracks as he slowly spun around. "She has guts." One of the men said, making Tristen laugh.

"Just go to the city hospital and get treated. My name would be enough to pay for your treament." He smirked, putting his hands in his pockets.