Chapter 31: Tough Decisions

It was a bright day after a tedious and sorrowful night. Lavender had slept over at Tristen's since it was the only reasonable thing to do that night. She slept peacefully under the silky covers, naked. The door was shut, however, it was not locked.

It was not like someone other than Tristen would barge in on her.

Her dress and her lace lingerie were lying on the floor along with Tristen's plain white button up shirt, now crumpled. She was sleeping without a care, since she had spent all of it the day before. While she was asleep, Tristen was out sitting in his yard with Brendon at the table, drinking coffee.

They had resumed their topic of discussion from last night. "Tristen, I wanted to say that you have nothing to worry about now." Brendon said, placing his phone on the table. "How so?" Tristen asked, sipping his coffee. He placed the cup back down only to hold his temples. He was behaving as if he had a hangover headache which he wanted to get rid of. "Things have been sorted out. You no longer have to worry about Juggy and his stupid demands." He explained.

Tristen rolled his eyes, as if Brendon had made things worse. "What did you do now?" He asked. "I did nothing wrong! Juggy won't trouble you anymore." Brendon said, nervously laughing. "You talked to him?" Tristen rolled his eyes again. "No, I did not. But the person coming here certainly has a solution." He chuckled, trying to laugh it off. When Tristen did not laugh, Brendon abruptly stopped and stared into his cup of coffee. "Brendon. Who's coming over?" Tristen asked.

"He's talking about me, Tristen." A voice said from behind him.

He spun around to find Bates. "Great, it's you. I'm in graver trouble now." Tristen sighed heavily, giving up on asking the purpose of his visit. "Where do I sit?" Bates said, looking here and there for another chair. "Don't be a pain in my..." Tristen sucked air through his teeth, as a guard brought chair for Bates. He settled down by bringing his chair closer to the table. Grace brought another cup of coffee for Bates.

"Speak." Tristen sighed. "I've decided to help you this time, Tristen. I heard about what happened in Bilsburg and about Juggy, too." Bates said. "Yeah, I know. This guy must've summarized it up to you." He pointed at Brendon who sipped his coffee while looking in random directions. "I know the position you are in right now. Getting him a girl is not the right thing for you to do, I'd say that myself. Lavender will never forgive you for it." Bates rested the side of his palms on the table before joining them. "Then what do you suggest? You're not simply here for the show, are you?" Tristen scoffed.

"How about I give him what he wants?" Bates raised a brow.

"Don't be ridiculous. You think he won't find out?"

"AND! That is why Brendon and your men will escort the person to him."

"You both are ruining my morning." Tristen held his temples, squeezing them. "See? I told you he's changed. The truth is, he just doesn't want us to kidnap some girl or commit any kind of crime. He's turned soft hearted." Brendon remarked. "Love changes even the worst of men." Bates nodded his head. "Tristen, listen to me. Keep doing whatever you're doing. Let us do what we have to. We do not want to involve you in this process, but we had to let you know in case Juggy calls you about it. Listen to Brendon for once, this is not something to be taken lightly. The bidding is tomorrow, and Lavender is with you. We do not know what would happen when you leave for the bidding." He said.

"Look man, I don't want to be that guy who put girls through hell."

"Tristen, we have it sorted. My men will keep a close eye on what Juggy does to that girl. And I will have her rescued. You've got to trust on me."

"What if you can't?"

"I give you my word. I'll get her back safe."

"And let her live through the trauma?"