Chapter 28: Dress or Mistress?

"Marry me, Tristen Killings. I'll kill you if you don't." She said, forcing herself on the tip of her toes.

"Who are you and what have you done to Lavender Hills?" He smiled, holding her cheek. "Shut up..." She pulled him by the collars, making him put his lips to hers.

Probably the only person to tell him to shut up and live to see the next day.

He could feel the desperation inside her; how serious she was. Something about her actions made him realize that perhaps it was the time.

The time that Tristen awaited the most. Their wedding day.

Once he was married to her, he would have no option but to willingly give up on his illegal businesses and take up a legal one. Not that owning a legal business was an uphill battle, but it was a lifetime commitment that he had to make. Once he was committed, he could not go back. But who said he was afraid? He was a man.

A fucking man.

"This is the best proposal that I've ever received. Never thought I'd be threatened so affectionately." He licked his lips, after pulling back by an inch. "Only if you had a gun pointed to my head..." He whispered, making her bite her lip as she lowered her head. "Tristen! Be serious!" She slapped his chest after she had suppressed her excitement.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Or is it because you found out about..?" He asked, putting a strand of hair behind her ear. "I want to do this, I cannot keep waiting for the right time, Tristen. I want to marry you right away." She said, showing that desperation again.

"Sure. But, we have one problem."

"What could be that?"

"What about your parents? Wouldn't you need their consent or something?" He pointed out. "Ah, right. I need to tell them else they'd make a chaos. I mean, they're obviously rooting for us..." Lavender rolled her eyes as she lowered her gaze to the second button of his shirt; open. "...but my mom would be so mad if I didn't tell her about our marriage." She completed. "How about we go and deliver this news to them ourselves?" Tristen suggested patting her cheeks.

"That'd be great! When do we leave?" She asked happily. "Tomorrow." He said, rubbing a thumb on her tender skin. "Tomorrow? I thought you'd be excited enough to say we leave right now." Lavender pouted, watching him in some sort of disbelief.

"I just thought you'd need to utilise this time to choose a dress." He shrugged. "Oh my god, totally! I forgot about it! I'll go pick one with Claire today." She happily jumped in her spot before embracing him tightly. "I love you so much, Tristen!" She squealed. "I love you, too." He smiled, hugging her back. "And what about you? Won't you go choose yourself a wedding suit?" She asked curiously. "Baby, look at me. I'll be done choosing my tuxedo the moment I enter the store. Men don't have much to choose from anyways." He chuckled.

Brendon simply shook his head, deciding to leave them be. He motioned the rest to empty the room, as everyone followed. Tristen and Lavender were soon left alone in the living room.

"I'll leave then. Call you at night."  She winked, kissed the tip of his nose and spun around to leave before her wrist was pulled back forcefully. It made her fall on him again. "No calling. You're spending the night with me here." He locked his arms around her. "Silly, how can I spend the night at your place now that we'll get married? There are some pre-wedding traditions, okay?" She giggled, trying to break free from his grasp.

Tristen only firmed his grip on her, making her gasp. "I'll be breaking all pre-wedding traditions with you tonight." His voice tickled her in the ear, only making her fidget. Tristen got a hold on her ticklish body yet again before whispering, "You'll be under me, on my bed, with your hands tied above your head. You can only imagine how I'd touch your body to make it move in ways you'd find shameful. And after that..."