Chapter 38: Enough is enough

"I wouldn't care if you died." Cady snapped, pushing Lavender off the stairs.

She made an attempt to hold the railing but missed by a centimetre. Is this the end? Lavender's entire life flashed before her eyes as she tripped, desperately trying to not lose balance with her core trying to defy gravity. Her ankle sprained, which caused her to really fall backwards.

"Ahh!" She screeched, falling down. She landed her spine on the handrail near the point where the stairs slightly spiralled midway. Before she could fall over the handrail, a hand pulled her back up.

It would've been quite a risky fall for her. Everyone rushed out of their respective rooms and assembled in the living room to look at the horrifying sight.

"Tristen..." Lavender whispered, her voice relieved. She almost had a panic attack. However, Tristen's expressions were not the same. His every nerve and facial features all pointed to one thing. He was angry. More like, he was fed up. He rubbed his thumb over her eyebrow to wipe the blood from the injury she got on the head.

"I just spun my fucking back on you; for a fucking minute..." He hissed under his breath, unsure of who he intended to curse. Had he not reached in time, she could have gotten seriously injured.

"Lavender?" Granna gasped in shock, running to her.

"Enough is enough." He growled, letting Granna hold Lavender before stomping his feet on the stairs. Everyone watched in horror as Tristen's monstrous persona took over.

"T-Tristen I can explain..." Cady stammered, before she was slapped hard across the face. "Not a fucking word." He warned. "But Lavender was digging up information on how many girls you had slept with!" She tried to throw her under the bus.

"I heard... your entire... fucking... conversation. I just fucking told Lavender I'd be back."

"Tristen listen to me..."

"And I couldn't expect someone else to better understand the cues that I gave you in the past to fucking stay away from me." He yelled his veins out. "W-What? Does that mean, you knew my feelings for you?" Cady teared up.

"You're a fucking slut, Cady. You called it an open relationship when things were going the worst for me. You want me to take you seriously when you were out there fucking every walking man on the sidewalk at midnight, you fucking whore!" Tristen pushed her to the floor.

Lavender couldn't believe her ears, nor her eyes. The things that she had heard about him were right in front of her eyes. She refused to believe that a guy so sweet could ever behave that way. But thanks to Cady, she could finally see why everyone feared him.

No man in his sane mind would ever treat a woman so harsh. But that was no man. It was the devil himself.

"I don't care if it's Granna's house anymore. Just because you're letting us stay here does not mean that we're tied. I have more places to hide from the mess we created, but do you know why I chose to stay here? It was because Lavender would need Granna's care since her own parents have shown their backs to her!" He snapped, unbuckling his belt.

Oh no, Tristen... Lavender gulped hard, her eyes tearing up. "Tristen! What're you doing?" Cady widened her eyes in fear, watching Tristen fold his belt into half, slapping the two sides against each other to create the most fearful and sadistic sound.

"I knew you wouldn't take it well, but I expected you to have at least some respect for me. You've made me fall in the eyes of the one I love. And that is the only thing that can hurt me the most in this world." He slapped his belt on the railing of the mezzanine.