Chapter 42: All's well that ends well, right?

"I don't think you can ever make my girl squeak, Jeremy." Tristen said, walking inside his HQ as his feet claimed every inch of the land.

Lavender's smile widened when she watched him turn up to save her, just in the right time. Tristen's white shirt was covered in splashes of blood. His face looked as if he had torn someone apart that sprayed those red drops on his cheek.

For the first time, Lavender loved the way he looked in his mafia avatar. He shot the two remaining guards, who fell down with bullet holes deep in their chests. Lavender felt Juggy's grip starting to loosen up as his legs started trembling. She grabbed a broken piece of flower vase, the one that had fallen when Juggy shot her, and stabbed his thigh with it.

"AHHH!" Juggy growled, as Lavender managed to crawl away from him. "That's my girl." Tristen smirked, opening his arms wide for Lavender. She saw it, but when she tried to get up, she just couldn't. He waited and waited, as his smile started to fade away gradually.

Why can't she get up? He wondered. He saw her struggling, trying to move her leg desperately to stand up. He then saw it; the gunshot in her calf muscle. Tristen felt his arms dropping to his sides just like his wide smile.

He rushed towards her, holding her by the arms. "You got shot?" He spat in a whisper. "I'd take a bullet to my heart for you." Lavender weakly smiled, making a pun out of the wedding ring she had gifted him. "Lavender..." Tristen's heart cried, as he hugged her to his chest.

"Tristen... don't let your guard down. I'm not going to die with a fucking bullet in the leg." She panted as her breathing started to follow unusual patterns. "I know..." He whispered, kissing her forehead. "You're so dead, Jeremy." Tristen spat, turning around only to find Juggy pointing his gun at him with a lot more men in the room.

They were all pointing their guns at them; there was no escape.

"What now, bud? You're gonna ask us to spare her and kill you?" Juggy scoffed. "Try shooting, bastard." Tristen said in a low growl. "Well, it wouldn't matter much if you die and we throw her in a brothel. But what if we kill her and make you live that?" Juggy laughed manically. "You can kill me after that, but it wouldn't even matter because that bitch would be dead."

"You know what?" Tristen scoffed, helping Lavender up. She couldn't stand without holding his collar or his hand supporting her body. She looked at him with tears in her eyes, as his eyes spoke something to hers. "Y'all, I think we just reached the filler episode of the series. Go get your washroom breaks and shit." Juggy yawned as his men started to laugh, lowering their guards.

"Have her." Tristen spoke, taking away Juggy's laughter. "What?" He widened his eyes, and so did Lavender. "You wanted her. Take her." He said in his usual cold mafia tone. The tone that never cared for anyone. For a moment, Lavender's heart stopped. She stared at him in disbelief. How could he, the one who she was supposed to get married to, sell her out like that?

"Wait, what?" Juggy shook his head. "I never repeat myself twice." He said, standing still while holding Lavender in his hands. She was desperately clinging onto him, flabbergasted. "Why would you do that?" Juggy asked, lowering his gun.

"If you ever questioned, 'whom would you choose between a 10 year old friendship and an eight month old relationship?', what would be your answer?" Tristen asked. Slowly, a small grin spread across Juggy's face.

"I KNEW IT! You were just playing with me all this time? I knew it. I had a bet with myself. And I won it. I knew you would never betray me, Tristen." Juggy went nuts. Tristen only watched his manic friend show his madness while he held his girl closer to him. Lavender tried to get away from Tristen, disappointed, but he was not going to let go.