Chapter 04: Crossing Paths Again?

"Lav, at least have your breakf-"

"I SAID I'LL HAVE IT!" Lavender snapped, tapping on her keyboard with lightening speed. "Holy, you have changed ever since you came back from Bilsburg." Claire gasped, holding her broken heart. "You know the rule, don't disturb me when I'm working." She snapped again, fingers still running over the keys.

"But you haven't been eating well since the past week! At least, let me feed you while you work."

"CLAIRE!"

"Understood." She bowed, placing the tray of freshly cooked eggs, honeyed blueberry waffles along with a refreshing ice tea at her table. Lavender felt bad for being rude to Claire but she didn't want to miss a thing that could be inside her next bestselling book.

That's when she hit the blackout phase.

"SON OF A- AAARGRGHHHHHHH" She growled unlike her personality. She slammed her fists onto the table before running her fingers through her hair. "I hate it. I hate it, I hate it...." She muttered over and over again as her head lowered itself on the desk. Thinking hard did not seem to bring back that catchy line she was going to write.

Boy, was it good.

She wrote the content on a sticky note and posted it on her desk, so that she could look at it later and magically remember the line. She looked at the tray of delicious food and rolled her eyes. She drank the ice tea first, gulping it down like alcohol. "I'm gonna head outside after this." Lavender mumbled to herself with her mouth stuffed with waffles.

After she was done, she placed the tray aside and went inside for a bath. Putting the transparent flowery body wash with tiny colourful exfoliators on her body, she let her thoughts flow like the falling water. Those droplets of water fell on her skin and slid down her body like raindrops on a window. She was remembering Tristen. It was quite understandable for her to fall in love with him. He was her first, after all. His heroic entrance to save her from the 'bad' guys was flattering enough. The situation itself was mysterious and left an enormous room for doubt. Maybe that doubt was the reason why she could not get him off her mind.

Was it even love? Or was it Lavender's reason to get a story disguised as love?

She did not know. But what did she know was that she was totally attracted to him. Taking a long warm shower, she dried herself off and wore a light purple short dress, her favourite white platform heels and grabbed a small white sling purse that had a platinum chain to it. It was a minimalistic casual dress, nothing special.

"I'm going out." Lavender said to Claire, who was watching TV. "Sure! Come soon." She smiled. "Sorry for being rude earlier. I faced a blackout." She apologized.

"Oh, then I'm the one who should be sorry. Be safe." Claire replied, watching her go.

Where to?

Lavender didn't know herself. She wanted to get rid of that writer's block. She walked down the driveway rethinking her choices.

Maybe Tristen was right. Lavender should have never met her. He had been living in her mind ever since they met and she was getting tired of it. Maybe she could not write another book. At least, not so fast. She decided to pay Jim a visit at the company and ask him to find someone else to write him a book. First she would persuade him into giving her more time, and if it did not work, she'd proceed with the latter. She could have simply called him and talked it out on the phone, but she rather needed an excuse to leave the house. Grab a drink at a café shop for a change, perhaps. 

She drove her car to Kilns Word Publications and after what seemed like thirty minutes, she arrived at her destination.

"Look at our shining little star! Welcome, Lavender. You're here to tell me that you've written half a book, right? It's been a week, after all." Jim greeted her, more concerned about her work progress. "I'm here to tell you that I'm not writing another book." She said directly to his face.