Chapter 41: Long Time No See

A person stepped out of the car.

"Don't shoot me! I'm John!" John yelled. "John?" Peter squeezed his eyes at him. John? Lavender did the same, but she knew who he was. "Yeah well, listen, whoever you are, John. Get out of here." Peter warned, loading his gun.

"Don't shoot me! I'm here for Lavender!" John raised his hands up in the air. "Peter, stop. I know him. He is Bates' assistant." Lavender patted his shoulder. She pushed past the guards and ran to John.

"It was Juggy. He made him crash." John explained. "He left in a hurry while he was talking to you, so we followed him in another car. When I rushed to get him out, he told me to get you out of here." He added. "Thank you so much! I have a very important task for you, more important than me. You need to get my parents out of here." She said, holding his shoulder.

"And you? You shouldn't be here." John insisted. "Don't, just take my parents." Lavender said. "What's all this noise?" Mr. Hills came outside with bags in his hand, followed by Mrs. Hills. "Oh, John is here. Bates' assistant. He will take you both out of here." Lavender snatched the bags from her father's hand and took them to the trunk of John's car. He quickly unlocked it and helped her put in the bags.

"You're coming with us, right?" Her father asked. "Yes, but you guys leave first. I'm coming with Bates." She said, with a tear in her eyes.

"Why?" Mr. Hills asked. "Dad, please! Just go with John! I beg of you, please. I'll never forgive myself if something happens to you both. Leave with him, I'm coming right after you guys, I promise." Lavender cried.

"Okay." Mr. Hills said, opening the door. Mrs. Hills was about to say something, but he stopped her and motioned her to sit. John shut the door after they had sit inside. "You sure you're not coming?" John asked once again.

"Yes. If I go away, there's no reason for Juggy to linger around. I must stay to lure him in. And as far as I know, Tristen is on his way back. He must've known it by now." Lavender sighed. "We still have other ways. You don't have to bait yourself." He argued.

"It's now or never. He think's he's clever, and that's his biggest weakness. Let him think that he has won." Lavender smiled. "This is for Bates, too. We need to finish him once and for all."

"I believe in you." John said, bringing his hand behind his back. He turned around to look at Mr. and Mrs. Hills, who were staring at them curiously. He walked around Lavender, which made her turn around. Now, her parents could only see her back as John took cover behind her.

"What're you doing?" She asked. "Keep this, I trust you to put it to a good use." John said, removing the revolver that was tucked under his shirt and placed it in Lavender's palms. She held it firmly, recalling how Tristen had taught her to fire a gun. "Take care." John said before walking to the driver's seat. He held the door, but stopped. "Lavender." He said. "Yeah?" She spun around and asked, hiding the gun behind her back.

There was a short moment of silence before he spoke again.

"There's no doubt that you are the wife of 'The Tristen Killings'. And not only that, you're carrying, too. Only someone like that would have the guts to do what you're going to do now." John smiled, giving her the courage and confidence to execute her plan.

Soon enough, they had left.

It broke her heart to see her parents go away. It had only been a while since they had reunited, and now, she might not even see them again. She felt extremely hurt because they did not deserve that kind of a goodbye from her. She looked at the gun in her hand.

Opening the cylinder of the revolver, she found all slots filled with bullets. "It's time." She took a deep breath, shutting it back. She knew it was not like her, and the chances of her failing were abnormally and obviously more than those of succeeding.