Chapter 44: "Pre-" Wedding Honeymoon

Few months later...

"Goditi la permanenza e goditi la tua luna di miele." Said a man from the other end of the call.

"Grazie, Romeo. Amico mio. Grazie per l'aiuto." Tristen smiled, as he held his phone to his ear with a hand while wrapping the other around his lovely wife.

Yes, his wife. It wasn't just for the sake of the name, it was real.

They were walking through the corridors of the posh, lavish hotel in Rome as the bellboy carried their luggages in front of them. Royal walls, royal ceilings, royal chandeliers, and royal everything. Even the hallway lamps. Everything about that hotel was royal, it was prestigious, it was luxurious. Tristen's fingers played with her earring, giving her butterflies in her stomach.

"Presentami tua moglie." The man named Romeo, replied.

"Di sicuro, presto. Ciao." Tristen grinned, hanging up on the call. "What the hell, Mr. Killings? When were you going to tell me that you knew Italian?" Lavender nudged him in the ribs with a smirk. "Oh, I thought you must've figured." He winked, making her laugh. "The only word I could understand was Romeo. Who's this guy? And why does he have such a fancy name?" She giggled, her hand proceeding to hold the front placket of his white shirt; already undone by three buttons.

"A good friend of mine. And yeah, I love his name, too. He made all the arrangements for us here. Didn't even let me pay because he called it his 'regalo per la luna di miele' for us." Tristen smiled, turning his head to look at her, close up. "And that meaning?" She raised a brow. "Honeymoon gift." He smiled, happy that they were finally there.

Not as two lovers trying to have more fun before getting married, but as actual husband and wife, enjoying the best night of their lives.

"Oh my god, but this place is too expensive!" Lavender gasped. "Did you forget I have acquaintances here?" He playfully whispered in her ear. "Ah, correct, Mr. Mafia, sir. And what were you guys talking about on the call?" She folded her hands, looking up at him while they followed the bellboy.

"He told me to enjoy my stay as well as my honeymoon. I thanked him for his help, so he said that he wants me to introduce you to him sometime." Tristen said. "WHY?" Lavender gasped again. "Hey, it's all cool. The mafia here are pretty chill. Well, most of them." He caressed her shoulder to ease her worry. "Okay... and what did you say then?" Lavender cleared her throat. "I told him that I would, soon." He smiled, stopping right before the bellboy. He opened the room for them and kept their luggage inside for them. Tristen and Lavender entered the room, glancing at the beauty of the suite from the door.

Lavender's eyes fell on the balcony window.

The balcony. She wondered how many romantic encounters she was going to have there with Tristen. She realized that her jaw was hanging down, as she shut it before either of the men could notice.

"Questa è la sua stanza, signore. Ecco la chiave magnetica. Per qualsiasi problema comporre lo 001." The bellboy explained. "Grazie. Per voi." Tristen handed him a few bills as a tip, to which the attendant smiled gracefully. "Buona notte, signore." He stepped outside and shut the door after that.

"Translate please, signore?" Lavender smiled. "This is your room, and your keycard. For problems, dial 001. And then he wished us good night." He winked.

"I'm so impressed by your linguistic skills!" Lavender squealed. "I need to keep coming up with new ideas to keep my wife entertained, now that I'm not a mafia anymore." He smirked, spinning Lavender around by his hand as her lilac wedding dress twirled along.

Lavender wrapped her arms around his neck after the spin, as he locked his behind her waist. "What does being mafia have to do with entertaining me, though?" She asked with a grin. "You know, I might not be as intimidating as I was." He said, making her laugh.