Chapter 07: Deal Gone Wrong

"That day when you first met me. What were you doing in Bilsburg?" Lavender asked curiously, along with some doubt.

"Here we go again..." Tristen sighed heavily, looking at the beautiful scene ahead. "Tristen, you cannot dodge the question every time I ask you. You will need to tell me one day after all. " She insisted.

"Tell you what?"

"About whatever business it is, that you do. What were you doing in Bilsburg? Who were all those people?" Lavender asked, creasing her brows in irritation. "Why do you want to know? It's not like you'll benefit from it." He scoffed. "But why are you hiding it from me? Why are you so secretive when it comes to telling what you do for a living?" She asked in an irritated tone.

She can't know about it, not so early. He thought. "Lavender, I buy and sell things." He answered. "What?" She shook her head in confusion. "I buy what I like, and sell what I think will benefit me more." He tried to elaborate without actually telling her about it.

"Oh, you're talking about real estate?" She asked,

That's one of them, He clenched his jaw. "Sure." He nodded, opening the top buttons of his shirt. "You could've just told me that. I know how much it can be to do real estate. I'm talking about all the pressure and politics. You could've told me." Lavender smiled.

"But then..." Her smiled faded. "Who were those men in Bilsburg? What were you doing with them? And what was with the warning you told me about?" She started throwing questions at him one on one. "Lavender, my love, listen..." He softly said while cupping her cheek. He was playing his dominance card and that alone was enough to shut her up. "I'll tell you everything, but not at once. I will tell you bit by bit. Little by little. One step at a time, alright? Just trust me, I will tell you everything." He smiled warmly.

I don't want to lose you already, his eyes screamed.

"I understand. I'm so sorry I got caught up with all my novel writing and I needed a script to keep going..." Lavender quickly realized her mistake. "You needed this for a script?" Tristen widened his eyes. Oh no, Lavender internally whined. He was not supposed to know that. She did not want him to feel that she was only using him for a story plot, and then decided to dump him like trash.

"Actually, I can explain Tristen, look..." She started.

"Interesting." He smirked, shifting closer to her. She cornered herself, having the arm rest behind her and Tristen in front. "I never thought you'd be the type to keep things so spicy." He bit his lip, now touching his knee to hers.

Spicy? What was that even supposed to mean? Lavender thought.

"You're going to write a story upon us?" Tristen smirked. "Uh, yeah. I kind of need to because my manager forced me. He said that they needed to give time to a senior writer to finish his novel, and publishing my book would do the job." Lavender explained the situation to him. "I hope you understand, Tristen. I didn't intend to hurt you. I really... enjoy being with you." Her eyes spoke from her heart.

"It's an honor." He bit his lip.

"Huh?"

"An honor. Not everyone gets a novel written upon their life by a well-known writer. It's a great experience for me, as your fan. But it's more than just a mere experience, when I'm not being your fan."

"What do you mean?" Lavender blinked her eyes. Tristen gently leaned in towards her ear to whisper, "I'd say you've got a nice kink."

Lavender's eyes widened as those words travelled in her ears and straight towards her tummy. That light funny feeling was back and it was sending her to Cloud 9. "I have some suggestions for your novel." He smirked at his intentions. "Enlighten me, please." She happily said.