Chapter 36: You're The One For Me

The door barged open. "Did I make you wait too much?" Tristen asked after he entered the room, removing his watch to place it on the nightstand.  "No." Lavender simply replied, flipping the page from the top right corner of her magazine.

Tristen stared at her while opening his top buttons. It was a strange feeling, which he ticked off as some 'pregnancy thing' and shook it off. He proceeded to lock the door and retraced his steps back to the bed. "Shorts smaller than my fist and a completely see through shirt. What good did I do to get such a beautiful wife?" Tristen smirked, removing his shirt to give his beloved her most favourite scene.

His abs.

Lavender looked up from the magazine and found him smirking at her the usual way. Lie, she thought, gritting her teeth. "It's not that attractive. And we're not even married yet." She sighed.

Another strange feeling, but he still let it slide.

"We don't need to be married for me to call you my wife." He sweet talked. "Look at your legs, hottie. Look at those fine lines on them. You've worked so hard on them. Our child would have absolutely because of you, you know?" Tristen grinned, surprised that Lavender did not laugh.

She did not even smile or roll her eyes at his lame self, like she always did. "What's wrong, love?" He asked in concern. "Your phone rang. It was an unknown number. I didn't pick it up." She said, getting back to her magazine. "Is that so?" Tristen asked, going through his phone to check it.

"Don't worry. I already know what it's about. Not important." He threw it away before getting on the bed. Lavender closed the magazine and kept it aside, laying down on the mattress. "So, how would you like it tonight, Mrs. Killings?" He smirked, standing on his knees beside her. "I'm pregnant, Tristen. How many times are we going to do it?" She rolled her eyes as she made up an excuse. "It's perfectly safe to do it, baby. I wouldn't do it if it was hurtful. What happened, do you feel unwell?" He asked, caressing her hair.

"I'll go take a bath." She shook off his hand, getting up. Tristen rolled his eyes holding her arm to pull her back on the bed. "Tristen!" She exclaimed. "I know something's up. Tell me before I lose control." He said in a cold dominant tone, putting his finger under her chin.

"Was that a threat?" Lavender fearlessly stared daggers into his eyes. No, no one would dare. She did. "Lavender, do you really want me to wake Brendon up and send him off to whoever fucked with your brain? Because I can. And I will if you don't tell me." He said. He tried his hardest to keep his calm.

He couldn't lose control on Lavender, never. And specially not when she was pregnant.

"I don't know why you think that way. It's not like having vanilla sex with me is even that interesting for someone who's a mafia." She said, trying to breakfree.

"Lavender, what happened? How come you went from, 'Don't stop' to 'Mafias hate vanilla sex'?" He mimicked her voice. He was actually taken aback. He never expected to hear something like that from her.

"It is the truth, and you don't have to pretend anymore." Lavender said. "Who said that to you?" He looked at her in confusion. "Tristen, are you going to keep faking it? If you don't like it, just say so. Don't keep me in delusional fantasies about how you love it." She creased her brows as her lips quivered.

"Come on, Lav. Why're you being like this? You know only you can make me feel this way." He said, offending her. She slapped him hard right across his face, letting her anger get the best of her. After hearing about him and Cady, Lavender could not tolerate his sweet talk. She wondered how many times he must have said the same thing to that bitch.

Tristen was confused.

He did not know what he did to her that was wrong. Instead of getting angry or offended himself, he looked at her face observing her eyes. Had she been crying? He thought. "I dare you to say those words to me again, Mr. Killings." She snapped with red eyes full of tears. "Lavender, is there something that I do not know?" He asked, getting serious.